Your True Guru
If you have discretion, you will know the difference between truth and falsehood and between good and evil.
Make that truth your true guru and follow it.
You do not need any further guidance on the path. That truth in you will lead you to your destination. It is the GPS of your spiritual world.
You have a truth inside you. It knows what is good for you and where your can look for answers and solutions to the problems you face on the spiritual path.
That truth you have to awaken.
To that truth you must turn for light and guidance.
That truth is your true guru and your guardian angel.
If you do not listen to that truth and follow it, the best of the gurus cannot help you.
If you are not committed to truth how can you find your way out of a world of deception and darkness?
Can you germinate a seed in a ground that has not been prepared?
And even if you manage somehow to germinate that seed, do you think it will grow properly?
That truth alone is your savior.
Until you find that you will move in circles.
Until your faith in that truth is firmly established, your religion will not help you.
Your spirituality will not transform you.
No amount of reading the books, and understanding the scriptures will help you.
No practice of yoga is really going to accomplish that union you seek.
Without knowing that truth, you will swim in the ocean of illusions.
Now what is that truth I have been talking about?
Where do you find it?
How do you know it is the truth?
That truth is the mirror in you, a mirror that truly reflects who you are, a mirror that truly shows you the truth of yourself.
Mirrors do not lie, unless you want to lie to yourself or you do not want to look at it.
If you have that inner mirror which shows you the truths regarding yourself, your intentions, your illusions, your irrational beliefs, your misguided notions, your prejudices and mental distortions, then you will not require any guru.
That mirror becomes your own guru.
You do not have to walk the walk of another, unless you want to relinquish your own truth and set aside all that you have experienced in your life as unreliable and useless.
There is a certain joy in finding your true Self in the mirror of your own mind and making that your true identity.
The seers and the sages, the saints and the great souls discovered that mirror inside them.
They developed that ability to be transparent to themselves, to be truthful to themselves, to be honest with themselves, to speak to themselves in a way that does not create illusions in their minds.
If you can find that mirror inside you, which can truly reflect who you are and teach you the best of the wisdom that you can follow in your life, then you become your own guru and even teach others how to find themselves and discover themselves.
Suggestions for Further Reading
- Understanding Your Attachments
- Awakening Your Mind and Body To Higher Consciousness
- How to Cultivate Mindful Awareness
- The Basis For Spiritual Life
- Christian Inspiration
- Opening Your Heart to Compassion
- For the Ego Religion is a Tool
- Conquering Fear
- Gandhi, Jesus, Hitler, What is Common to Them?
- Healing Your Consciousness - Advanced Self-healing Techniques
- How to Solve Problems With Spiritual Help?
- Self Discovery - Opening the Door to Self-realization
- How Karma Applies to Animals?
- The Truth About You and Your Self-image
- Relevance of Scriptures in Modern Life
- Making Peace With The Imperfections of Your Existence
- Materialism and Spirituality, The Two Paths of Life
- The Soul and the Mind
- Morality and Nature in Good Vs. Evil
- What is Your Natural State of Mind?
- Why Gandhi's Non-violence Was not True Non-violence
- Objective Concentration Techniques
- If Peace Is All You Want
- Please Come Back to Earth and Be Here
- The Importance of Right Knowledge
- Right Thinking, Right Speech and Right Action
- How to Practice Silence
- The Soul, The Ego and The Process of Liberation
- Spirituality - The Power of True Surrender
- Tapping Into The Hidden Intelligence
- Ten Reflections For a Spiritual Person
- The Mind and The Illusion of Reality
- What is True Surrender
- What is True Surrender
- Your True Guru
- The Significance of Vegetarian Food In Spiritual Life
- Books on Vegetarian Cooking
- Is Enlightenment the Right Word for Spiritual Liberation?
- Who Am I?
- Why do we want our World to End?
- Why is Life Such a Struggle?
- What is Intelligence? A Definition of Intelligence.
- The Witness Self or the Observing Self
- The Zen Art of Seeing Things As They Are - A Story