Essays on Theosophy
The Theosophical Society was officially founded in November 1875 by Helena Petrovna Blavatsky, Henry Steel Olcott, William Quan Judge and others in New York City, United States,. Its first president was Olcott who remained president until his death in 1907. The Society was founded after Olcott and Judge realized earlier that Blavatasky had extraordinary occult powers and was no ordinary person. Its was founded with the main purpose of studying and understanding Occultism, Kabala, and related fields. A few years later Olcott and Blavatsky felt that it would be in the best interest of the movement if they moved to India where most of the theosophical ideas rooted in the Eastern religions were born. Hence, they moved to India and opened the International Headquarters at Adyar, in Madras (Chennai). The movement believed in the existence of hidden masters and the coming of a world teacher. The following are few essays and works of renowned theosophical teachers of the last century.
Suggestions for Further Reading
- Healing Through Compassion
- Creating Harmony In You And Around You
- Spiritual Laws That Govern Our Lives
- Are You Different From Others?
- A Healthy Recipe for Life
- How You Can Attract Abundance, Healing Others
- The Power of Intention
- Finding Your Peace and Harmony
- Three Important Mind Tools
- Truths About Pain and Suffering
- Spirituality For Worldly People
- Finding Your Soul
- Friendship with God
- God As Your Role Model
- Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Sikhism, Zoroastrianism and Other Resources
- Famous Quotations on Spirituality
- Seeing God Everywhere
- Mental Liberation: Achieving Mental Freedom
- Individuality in the Five Sheaths (Kosas) of the Body
- Hinduwebsite - Essays on Practical Spirituality
- Present Moment Awareness in Everyday Life
- Emptying Your Mind and Becoming Zero
- The Bhagavad-Gita on Suffering
- The Way of Peace by James Allen
- Awakening Your Mind and Body To Higher Consciousness
- For the Ego Religion is a Tool
- Conquering Fear
- Healing Your Consciousness - Advanced Self-healing Techniques
- How to Solve Problems With Spiritual Help?
- Relevance of Scriptures in Modern Life
- Making Peace With The Imperfections of Your Existence
- Materialism and Spirituality, The Two Paths of Life
- The Soul and the Mind
- Morality and Nature in Good Vs. Evil
- What is Your Natural State of Mind?
- Why Gandhi's Non-violence Was not True Non-violence
- Objective Concentration Techniques
- The Soul, The Ego and The Process of Liberation
- Tapping Into The Hidden Intelligence
- Ten Reflections For a Spiritual Person
- The Mind and The Illusion of Reality
- Books on Vegetarian Cooking
- Is Enlightenment the Right Word for Spiritual Liberation?
- Who Am I?
- Why do we want our World to End?
- Why is Life Such a Struggle?
- The Witness Self or the Observing Self
Introduction to Hinduism
The Brihadaranyaka Upanishad
The Chandogya Upanishad