How To Cultivate A God Centered Mind
"T" stands for transcendence, timeless awareness, talent bank and tithing. My personal experience is that without transcendence, life has no beauty. In order to live a full life, it is necessary to go beyond all boundaries. - Deepak Chopra
There are other realities that exist besides the reality you can see, touch and hear with your physical senses. These are the higher dimensions that your Higher Self lives in. These realities are very real; your Higher Self, other people's Higher Selves, and many high beings live there.- Orin
Well, if suddenly you become conscious within of something very different and much higher, then whatever it may be, this will be a spiritual experience.- The Mother
The mind is free only when it is no longer conditioned by its own experiences, by knowledge, by vanity, envy; and meditation is the freeing of the mind from all these things, form all self-centered activities and influences. JK
Yes, it is possible to develop God consciousness, which means to be aware of God all the time, to think of Him all the time and to remain Divine centered continuously amidst busy life.
We do not think of God continuously because we are totally preoccupied with ourselves and our problems. We have little time for others, especially God.
A mind that is filled with the thoughts of God is a divine mind. It radiates His glory and declares His greatness.
A mind that is saturated with the thoughts of God, speaks the language of God. It expresses His thoughts all the time.
To think of God continuously is to invite God into your mind. To invite God into your mind is to make your life divine centered, blessed and uplifted.
God is the best companion we can have in our lives. He can be the invisible, ever loving, ever forgiving companion, to whom we can express our true feelings and fears without any reservation.
In Him we can confide our inmost secrets and thoughts and from Him we can seek guidance and direction whenever we need.
Wherever you go and whatever you do, make God your invisible partner and facilitator. Even to perform ordinary tasks seek His approval and permission.
A mind that is filled with the thoughts of God is the doorway to salvation. By repeating His name, thinking of Him, concentrating on Him, visualizing Him , looking for Him every where and in every thing, making Him your partner in all your deeds, attributing to Him all your successes and failures, you can bring God into your consciousness and feel His dynamic presence in yourself and in every aspect of your life.
So fill your mind with the thoughts of God. Use every opportunity to think of Him only. Remember Him on every possible occasion. Attribute all your successes and failures to Him and express your gratitude and admiration to Him. In the beginning your thoughts of God may be mere thoughts, but in course of time you will feel His dynamic presence in your consciousness and realize the true value of His grace and friendship.
Remember, the easiest way to realize God is to become His true devotee in thought and deed.Time and again, we have been told by all those who experienced divine consciousness, those Masters who continue to inspire us through their works and their words, that the only way to reach God is by keeping Him in your thoughts continuously and making Him the cause and the reason for all your activities and achievements.
The only way to reach Him is to start living with a divine oriented consciousness in which you are no more, but God is. Identifying yourself with God therefore is the key. As the Mother said" If you are identified with the forces from below, you suffer; if you are identified with the forces from above, you are happy.
Suggestions for Further Reading
- Healing Through Compassion
- Creating Harmony In You And Around You
- Spiritual Laws That Govern Our Lives
- Are You Different From Others?
- A Healthy Recipe for Life
- How You Can Attract Abundance, Healing Others
- The Power of Intention
- Finding Your Peace and Harmony
- Three Important Mind Tools
- Truths About Pain and Suffering
- Spirituality For Worldly People
- Finding Your Soul
- Friendship with God
- God As Your Role Model
- Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Sikhism, Zoroastrianism and Other Resources
- Famous Quotations on Spirituality
- Seeing God Everywhere
- Mental Liberation: Achieving Mental Freedom
- Individuality in the Five Sheaths (Kosas) of the Body
- Hinduwebsite - Essays on Practical Spirituality
- Present Moment Awareness in Everyday Life
- Emptying Your Mind and Becoming Zero
- The Bhagavad-Gita on Suffering
- The Way of Peace by James Allen
- Awakening Your Mind and Body To Higher Consciousness
- For the Ego Religion is a Tool
- Conquering Fear
- Healing Your Consciousness - Advanced Self-healing Techniques
- How to Solve Problems With Spiritual Help?
- Relevance of Scriptures in Modern Life
- Making Peace With The Imperfections of Your Existence
- Materialism and Spirituality, The Two Paths of Life
- The Soul and the Mind
- Morality and Nature in Good Vs. Evil
- What is Your Natural State of Mind?
- Why Gandhi's Non-violence Was not True Non-violence
- Objective Concentration Techniques
- The Soul, The Ego and The Process of Liberation
- Tapping Into The Hidden Intelligence
- Ten Reflections For a Spiritual Person
- The Mind and The Illusion of Reality
- Books on Vegetarian Cooking
- Is Enlightenment the Right Word for Spiritual Liberation?
- Who Am I?
- Why do we want our World to End?
- Why is Life Such a Struggle?
- The Witness Self or the Observing Self