Your Ancestors For 50 Generations
The following table shows the number of ancestors you had for each generation starting with you, up to 50 generations. That is, considering that you had two parents, and in turn they had two parents each, and so on. The table shows clearly that in 50 generations, you must have had a total of about 1.02 trillion human beings, who contributed to your gene pool and your unique characteristics.
Even if one of them was missing in the link, you would not have been born at all. This number is derived from a pure mathematical calculation. It is not an approximation and there is no magic or gimmick in it.
These are the hidden aspects of your existence. You do not notice the extent of your genealogy until you pay attention to it. We may take pride in our particular genealogies, but the truth is everyone of us shares the same genealogy at some point in the long history of human existence upon earth. Whether we are black or white, high or low, we are part of one large family tree, described in the Upanishads as the Asvattha tree with its roots in heaven and branches spread everywhere.
World population in 1999 was six billions. We have shown it as 6.02 billion for 2000, which is an estimate.
Estimated world population count in 500 AD is as per the historical estimates of McEvedy, Colin and Richard Jones. For historical estimates of world population, you may visit : http://www.census.gov/ipc/www/worldhis.html
Estimated world population count from 500 AD to 2000 AD is based upon rough estimates. These figures should not be taken seriously for any academic exercise or research. They are presented here for comparison purposes only.
Underlying assumptions: 30 years for each generation based on the expectation that the average age difference between parents and children would be 30 years and the average age difference between grandparents and their grandchildren would be 60 years
The years taken into account for each generation gap may vary. But irrespective of how of old a parent or grandparent would be when a child is born, or how many centuries were involved, the calculations for the previous 50 generations would be the same for each and every individual, thereby proving the point that we all share some common ancestry at some point or the other in the history of the humankind.
|G.No||No of persons per generation||Birth Time||Estimated World Population|
|1||1||2000 A.D||6,020,000,000 (Approx.)|
Suggestions for Further Reading
- The Origin and History of Celtic People
- THE EGYPTIAN STORY OF THE CREATI
- Nine Simple Steps How a Lady Gets Her Book Published
- Origin and Development of Sanskrit
- Historical Events, Birthdays And Quotations
- Your Ancestors For 50 Generations
- Grimm's Law - Indo-European Languages
- Historical Relationship Between Sanskrit and Hittite
- Common words of Indo-European languages
- Sanskrit - Links and Resources
- Hypnotism - Theory and Practice
- The World as a Matrix
- Symbolism of Meerkat Island in the Life of PI
- ExperienceFestival Illegal Copying From Other Websites
- Pollution and Evolution
- UFOs and Extra Terrestrial Intelligences
- Afghanistan A Dangerous Place
- Thoughts, Quotes and Quotations
- World Factbook of Countries, Almanacs, Biographies, News Stories
- Currency converter
- Online Dictionaries
- Directory Service
- Online Encyclopedias
- Hinduwebsite - FREE online EBooks and Texts
- The Great Literature E-Page
- Internet Resources on Philosophy and Philosophers
- Hinduwebsite.com - Poetry Links and Resources
- Hinduwebsite.com - Page Replace or Removed
- Spiritual and Devotional Poems and Prayers
- Good Thoughts
- Inspiring Thoughts and Quotations
- The Buddha on God
- Hinduwebsite.com - The General Encyclopedia