The Mircales and Mysteries of Life
We know life is created, but we do not know why it is created.
You know you exist, but you do not know why exist and what purpose your serve to Nature and life.
You may speculate upon those matters, but you cannot be definitive about your answers. A lot of mystery is associated with life.
Although at times people may take it for granted what we know about life and existence is much less than what we do not.
The mystery of mysteries is that you cannot explain the why of any natural event. For example, you cannot answer why life exits, why the earth exists, why the universe exists, why some people die early, or why some make money while other do not.
The list is endless. No one can truly explain why random events play an important role in shaping our lives and actions.
Your very birth is a random event.
You cannot fathom why you were born to your parents or in your country of origin.
After your birth also many random events take place in your life, including finding your spouse, getting a job, or connecting to a soul mate, or giving birth to your children.
It is a miracle that you happened.
It is a miracle that you are alive and self-aware.
Imagine the odds of taking birth and surviving.
Even if one ancestor in a long line of millions of ancestors would not have taken birth or died prematurely, you would not be here. No one can tell why it did not happen or why you were born.
The inexplicable and unanswerable questions of life do not bother many because they do not think about them or consider them important.
Even if they do, they do so with an assumptive mind, taking refuge in some scripture or a Prophet, as if they have all the answers.
The world religions have come into existence because we do not have direct answers to the riddles of life.
Unfortunately by imposing their authority upon us, religions stifle our freedom to know, explore and keep an open and inquisitive mind.
Suggestions for Further Reading
- Perspectives and Viewpoints
- The Wisdom of the Bhagavadgita
- The Wisdom of the Upanishads
- Ashtavakra Samhita 1
- inspirational and Motivational Quotations - 2001
- Inspirational and Motivational Quotations, 2002
- Thoughts and Quotations for Meditation
- Inspiring Thoughts Of The Month
- Inspirational Quotes For Everyday Use
- Affirmations For Positive Self-esteem
- Mahavakyas From The Upanishads For Meditation
- The Dream and Despair of a Yogi
- The Idolaters - The Idol(H)alters
- Hinduwebsite.com - Selected Quotations
- Quotations and Inspiration Websites
Translate the Page