The Power of Concentration
We all know that in order to accomplish a certain thing we must concentrate. It is of the utmost value to learn how to concentrate. To make a success of anything you must be able to concentrate your entire thought upon the idea you are working out.
Do not become discouraged, if you are unable to hold your thought on the subject very long at first. There are very few that can. It seems a peculiar fact that it is easier to concentrate on something that is not good for us, than on something that is beneficial. This tendency is overcome when we learn to concentrate consciously.
If you will just practice a few concentration exercises each day you will find you will soon develop this wonderful power.
Success is assured when you are able to concentrate for you are then able to utilize for your good all constructive thoughts and shut out all the destructive ones. It is of the greatest value to be able to think only that which will be beneficial.
Did you ever stop to think what an important part your thoughts, concentrated thoughts, play in your life? This book shows their far-reaching and all-abiding effects.
These lessons you will find very practical. The exercises I have thoroughly tested. They are arranged so that you will notice an improvement from the very start, and this will give you encouragement. They point out ways in which you can help yourself.
Man is a wonderful creature, but he must be trained and developed to be useful. A great work can be accomplished by every man if he can be awakened to do his very best. But the greatest man would not accomplish much if he lacked concentration and effort. Dwarfs can often do the work of giants when they are transformed by the almost magic power of great mental concentration. But giants will only do the work of dwarfs when they lack this power.
We accomplish more by concentration than by fitness; the man that is apparently best suited for a place does not always fill it best. It is the man that concentrates on its every possibility that makes an art of both his work and his life.
All your real advancement must come from your individual effort.
This course of lessons will stimulate and inspire you to achieve success; it will bring you into perfect harmony with the laws of success. It will give you a firmer hold on your duties and responsibilities.
The methods of thought concentration given in this work if put into practice will open up interior avenues that will connect you with the everlasting laws of Being and their exhaustless foundation of unchangeable truth.
As most people are very different it is impossible to give instructions that will be of the same value to all. The author has endeavored in these lessons to awaken that within the soul which perhaps the book does not express. So study these lessons as a means of awakening and training that which is within yourself. Let all your acts and thoughts have the intensity and power of concentration.
To really get the full benefit of these lessons you should read a page, then close the book and thoughtfully recall its ideas. If you will do this you will soon cultivate a concentrated mental habit, which will enable you to read with ordinary rapidity and remember all that you read.
Suggestions for Further Reading
- LESSON 1. CONCENTRATION FINDS THE WAY.
- LESSON 2. THE SELF-MASTERY. SELF-DIRECTION POWER OF CONCENTRATION.
- LESSON 3. HOW TO GAIN WHAT YOU WANT THROUGH CONCENTRATION.
- LESSON 4. CONCENTRATION, THE SILENT FORCE THAT PRODUCES RESULTS IN ALL BUSINESS.
- LESSON 5. HOW CONCENTRATED THOUGHT LINKS ALL HUMANITY TOGETHER.
- LESSON 6. THE TRAINING OF THE WILL TO DO.
- LESSON 7. THE CONCENTRATED MENTAL DEMAND.
- LESSON 8. CONCENTRATION GIVES MENTAL POISE.
- LESSON 9. CONCENTRATION CAN OVERCOME BAD HABITS.
- LESSON 10. BUSINESS RESULTS GAINED THROUGH CONCENTRATION.
- LESSON 11. CONCENTRATE ON COURAGE.
- LESSON 12. CONCENTRATE ON WEALTH.
- LESSON 13. YOU CAN CONCENTRATE, BUT WILL YOU?
- LESSON 14. ART OF CONCENTRATING WITH PRACTICAL EXERCISE.
- LESSON 15. CONCENTRATE SO YOU WILL NOT FORGET.
- LESSON 16. HOW CONCENTRATION CAN FULFILL YOUR DESIRE.
- LESSON 17. IDEALS DEVELOP BY CONCENTRATION.
- LESSON 18. MENTAL CONTROL THROUGH CREATION.
- LESSON 19. A CONCENTRATED WILL DEVELOPMENT.
- LESSON 20. CONCENTRATION REVIEWED.
Source: The Power of Concentration, by Theron Q. Dumont, 1918. Copyright laws are changing all over the world, be sure to check the copyright laws for your country before downloading these files!!
Translate the Page