Intuition Inhibiting Factors
Intuition is the ability to know something instinctively without the need to perceive it or discover it. It is the immediate knowledge of things which your mind grasps instantly without the due processes of the mind and its faculties. It is also known popularly as hunches and gut feeling. Intuition is a rapid response of the mind to know something immediately. Introspection, meditation and contemplation seem to increase our intuitive ability. Intuition is not an irrational process, although there are theories to the contrary. Knowledge, memory, familiarity, experience and reason play an important role in shaping your intuition, although imperceptibly. Intuition is useful in problem solving and decision making. However, since it is not under the direct control of the mind, one cannot rely upon it totally. In the following essay the author approaches the subject of intuition rather negatively analyzing the factors that interfere with your intuition. According to her if you avoid them, the chances are you become more intuitive Pay attention to them and see whether any of them apply to you in real life. This information is useful to avoid factors that inhibit your intuition. Jayaram V
Everyone has intuition; it's hard-wired in us. Everybody wants more intuition; it's a great life skill for problem-solving, generating solutions, and making good decisions. It can be developed, but you have to have a certain mindset to develop and strengthen it. These are things NOT to do if you want to become more intuitive.
1. Be in a hurry.
2. Have no symbolic ability. Don’t participate in or enjoy any of the arts, read good literature, study myths or dance.
3. Be unconcerned about your integrity or purposes in wanting to use intuition.
Intuition and empathy seem to be related. With effort, empathetic people may gauze the thoughts and feelings of others and relate to them mentally and emotionally. How far they can do so depends upon several factors. Spiritually speaking, intuition depends upon your ability to let go of yourself and assume the identity of others. It is possible only if you can empty your mind. In ancient India people believed that with the help of magic formulas and incantations, one could enter the body of another and assume control of it, or one could enter the body of a deceased and bring it to life. While we do not know how far this is practically possible in today's world, we know that with the help of intuition one can feel the feelings and thoughts of others and relate to them at a deeper level. If you are intuitive, chances are you will be more sensitive. Jayaram V
4. Let your ego run away with you, having to be right, controlling and in charge.
5. Not learn how to differentiate between intuition, fear, and wishful thinking.
6. Hang out with people who don't believe in intuition, know about it, or use it. Intuition is contagious and so is lack of intuition.
7. Try and invoke your intuition with willpower or force it in any way.
8. Believing that logic, analysis and rational thinking are the only way or best way to solve problems, make decisions and generate solutions.
9. Not being able to still the executive function of your brain--the part that scans, is alert, worries and analyzes.
10. Not getting coaching or teaching so you get feedback on your skills as they develop, learn how to manage your ego, and keep yourself off overload as you learn.
Suggestions for Further Reading
- Prosperity and Abundance
- Anger Management
- Stress Reduction and Management Techniques
- Career Planning and Development
- Developing Communication Skills
- Concentration Practice
- Creativity and Innovation
- Coping With Emotions
- Positive Self-Esteem
- Coping With Fear and Anxiety
- The Experience of Happiness
- Using and Improving Intuition
- Leadership Skills
- Love and Love Relationships
- Mental Maturity
- Meditation, Concentration and Mindfulness
- Memory Techniques
- Mental Health
- Mental Peace
- This Page on Mental Peace Has Moved
- Mindfulness Practice
- Self-help Inspiration
- Negotiation Skills
- Personality Development
- Planning, Prioritizing and Budgeting
- The Power of Positive Thinking
- Reading Skills
- Building Relationships
- Relaxation and Stress Reduction
- Silence and Healingm
- Achieving Success
- Visualization Techniques
- The Secret of the Ages by Robert Collier, Index Of Chapters
- The Master Key System by Charles F. Haanel
- Self-help Videos - Hinduwebsite.com
- Self-help, Free Audio Downloads
- Think Success: A Book on Self-help
- Being the Best - A Book on Self-help
- Why People Do not Prefer To Have Goals
- How to Improve your Memory
- Simple Pleasures of Life
- How to Attain Peace of Mind
- Essays on intuition
- Ride the wave of abundance
- An easy weight loss plan
Translate the Page