25 Leadership Maxims
"We will never know how really good we are as leaders unless we are leading people to be better than they think they are."
"Poor performance is less harmful to a leader than mediocre performance disguised as good performance."
"Most leaders are striving to get the wrong results or the right results in the wrong ways."
"The lowest forms of leadership involve rewards and punishments."
"Getting along is not necessarily getting results."
"If you can't feel it, you can't lead it, and they won't do it."
"Leadership is the trim tab of all careers."
"Leadership is seeing hope in any adversity."
"To make a difference, be the difference."
"In leadership, you don't have to expect the worse, you just have to make the most of it when it happens."
"The best leaders make use of the simplest of ideas."
"If you are always right, you are usually wrong."
"The best way for a leader to communicate an idea is to bundle it in a human being."
"The most persuasive art of leadership is to hide your leadership."
"Refraining from action is sometimes the best action."
"It's not so much what you say as a leader that's important; it's the action the people take after you have had your say."
"In leadership, the value of every need is in its use."
"Leadership is not about living a easy life for ourselves but a hard life for others."
"We ourselves are our own biggest obstacles to becoming better leaders."
"Leadership is showing people not that they must take a certain action but that they GET TO take that action."
"Half the art of listening is waiting."
"To get the best out of people, embrace the best in them."
"People are often unaware of the best that's in them. When you show it to them, you are half way down the road to motivating them to be your cause leaders."
"Achievement needs three things, the leader, the cause leader, and the moment."
"In the long run, the most important results of leadership are not what we achieve but what we become in that achieving."
Suggestions for Further Reading
- Prosperity and Abundance
- Anger Management
- Stress Reduction and Management Techniques
- Career Planning and Development
- Developing Communication Skills
- Concentration Practice
- Creativity and Innovation
- Coping With Emotions
- Positive Self-Esteem
- Coping With Fear and Anxiety
- The Experience of Happiness
- Using and Improving Intuition
- Leadership Skills
- Love and Love Relationships
- Mental Maturity
- Meditation, Concentration and Mindfulness
- Memory Techniques
- Mental Health
- Mental Peace
- This Page on Mental Peace Has Moved
- Mindfulness Practice
- Self-help Inspiration
- Negotiation Skills
- Personality Development
- Planning, Prioritizing and Budgeting
- The Power of Positive Thinking
- Reading Skills
- Building Relationships
- Relaxation and Stress Reduction
- Silence and Healingm
- Achieving Success
- Visualization Techniques
- The Secret of the Ages by Robert Collier, Index Of Chapters
- The Master Key System by Charles F. Haanel
- Self-help Videos - Hinduwebsite.com
- Self-help, Free Audio Downloads
- Think Success: A Book on Self-help
- Being the Best - A Book on Self-help
- Recognizing Your Soul Truth
- How to Reduce Friction in Marriage Relationships?
- Self-Development - Hinduwebsite.com
- Using the Law of Attraction With Right Beliefs
- Awakening to the Silence
- Choosing Your Career - Do What You Love Most
- Career Planning Like a CEO
- How to Manage Career Change and Transition
- Living With Clinical Depression
- Resolving Differences With NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming)
- Effective Communication Skills
- Improving Your Communication Skills
- Are You Listening?
- Top Ten Ways to Improve Your Communication Skills
- Are You a Control Freak?
Author:The author of 23 books, Brent Filson's recent books are, THE LEADERSHIP TALK: THE GREATEST LEADERSHIP TOOL and 101 WAYS TO GIVE GREAT LEADERSHIP TALKS. He is founder and president of The Filson Leadership Group, Inc. – and for more than 20 years has been helping leaders of top companies worldwide get audacious results. Sign up for his free leadership e-zine and get a free white paper: "49 Ways To Turn Action Into Results," at www.actionleadership.com
Translate the Page