Perseverance and Success
“Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
I’ll venture to say that perseverance is one of the most valuable qualities you have to obtain success in any field.
And the really great thing about perseverance is that you don’t need a university degree, or any complex training to make use if this tool.
You HAVE the requirements to reach success using this tool.
Perseverance rarely does not result in success.
No matter in what area you have goals, if you keep “keep on trying” as Mr Carnegie suggests you will reach success.
In reality, perseverance is something you were born with. Learning to walk, to talk, to write required perseverance. And the result was success.
It’s worthwhile to consider that you can be active, but not move forward. When you don’t move forward, you will not reach success.
Think back to when you learned to ride a bicycle. For most of us, it took more than one attempt to get the hang of it, but we persevered, and that resulted in success, in that we could ride the bicycle.
The key in developing perseverance means taking small steps, resulting in small achievements, ultimately resulting in success with your objective.
Think of building a jigsaw puzzle, one piece is added at a time, and eventually you have the finished picture.
Perseverance often means learning something new, in order to reach your ultimate goal, which is great. Why?
Investing in your knowledge is never a waste - you may be able to utilize your new skills and knowledge to enable you to advance in some new area.
If you want to make more sales, you get out and see more prospects, one at a time.
Perseverance will not be without setbacks.
The key is to learn from the setback, then continue forward.
Do not dwell on it. Take the lesson, and move forward, and on to success.
As Mr Carnegie said, “people who have kept on trying” – that is the key to achieving success in any area you want.
Suggestions for Further Reading
- Prosperity and Abundance
- Anger Management
- Stress Reduction and Management Techniques
- Career Planning and Development
- Developing Communication Skills
- Concentration Practice
- Creativity and Innovation
- Coping With Emotions
- Positive Self-Esteem
- Coping With Fear and Anxiety
- The Experience of Happiness
- Using and Improving Intuition
- Leadership Skills
- Love and Love Relationships
- Mental Maturity
- Meditation, Concentration and Mindfulness
- Memory Techniques
- Mental Health
- Mental Peace
- This Page on Mental Peace Has Moved
- Mindfulness Practice
- Self-help Inspiration
- Negotiation Skills
- Personality Development
- Planning, Prioritizing and Budgeting
- The Power of Positive Thinking
- Reading Skills
- Building Relationships
- Relaxation and Stress Reduction
- Silence and Healingm
- Achieving Success
- Visualization Techniques
- The Secret of the Ages by Robert Collier, Index Of Chapters
- The Master Key System by Charles F. Haanel
- Self-help Videos - Hinduwebsite.com
- Self-help, Free Audio Downloads
- Think Success: A Book on Self-help
- Being the Best - A Book on Self-help
- 100 Secrets to Success
- Listening Through Silence
- Using the Law of Attraction With Right Beliefs
- Career Planning Like a CEO
- Effective Communication Skills
- Programming the Subconscious With Visualization
- Creativity Through Intuition
- When Making Divorce Decisions
- Six Questions To Find Your Focus
- Seven Tips to Reach the Ultimate Goal of Success
- Setting And Achieving Goals
- The Healing Power of Silence
- How To Build And Sustain A Great Love Relationship
- Effective Leadership
- Using Mind Mapping For Creativity
- How to Be Good At Negotiations
- Guidelines For Progressive Relaxation
- Why Reading is Important For Children
- The Seven Myths of Relaxation
Author:Colin Dunbar's eaziGOAL goal setting program leads you from the identification of your goal, developing a real goal path, through to successful conclusion of your goal. eBook, with proven techniques and methods, plus a workbook, PLUS goal setting software. Everything you need to succeed with your goal setting in one package. Get the full details now
Translate the Page