The Forest That We Left Behind
The forest was where life gathered momentum
And the earth found its purpose, duty and intent.
It was in the forests the earliest humans appeared
And learned to walk, live and dream big dreams.
In the forests only the seeds of civilization were sown,
Seers learned to meditate and envision transcendence,
While ascetics found their way to peace and salvation.
Again in the forests only the Buddha and Mahavira found
Answers to human suffering and begain their journey.
The forest is the Goddess Upon earth and Mother of All
It is still the sanctuary where people find peace and solace.
We abandoned forests and forest life, but she still nourishes.
Suggestions for Further Reading
- The Life and Teachings of the Buddha
- The Buddha On the Self And Anatta, the Not-Self
- Dhamma - Buddha's Teachings
- The Eightfold Path Of Buddhism
- Concept of Death, Hell and Afterlife in Hinduism
- Dharma, the Moral and Religious Duties of Hinduism
- The Ashtadikpalas, Rulers of Eight Directions
- Hindu Gods - Lord Ganesha
- God and Self in Hinduism
- Religious People of All Faiths Must Unite
- Teaching Faith in Classrooms
- Origin, Definition and Introduction to Hinduism
- The Problems and Status of Women in Hindu Society
- Image Show is Over and Curtains are Drawn Until Next Shwo
- Why Idol Worship or Image Worship is Justified in Hinduism?
Translate the Page