Free Translations of Tantra Texts
Tantra (Sanskrit: तन्त्र), also known as Tantrism or Tantric tradition is set of ritual, spiritual and yogic practices which are aimed to transform the mind and body and channel their purified energies to gain siddhis (spiritual powers) or to earn the grace of Shiva or Shakti to attain liberation (moksha). It is a very ancient tradition of the Indian subcontinent which is now an integral part of both Hinduism and Buddhism. All the three major sects of Hinduism namely Shaivism, Vaishnavism and Shaktism have elements of Tantra incorporated into their beliefs, doctrines and practices. In Buddhism it is the foundational support for Vajrayana Buddhism.
Suggestions for Further Reading
- Lord Shiva in Ancient Historic Traditions
- Aspects of Lord Shiva
- Saivism or Shaivism - Basic Concepts
- Shaivism Literature
- Mantra and Yoga
- What Shankara Means?
- Devotional Prayers to Lord Shiva
- Significance of Lord Shiva
- Famous Saints of Saivism
- The Worship of Lord Shiva
- History of Shaivism, Lord Shiva in Vedic Literature and Recorded History
Translate the Page