Home Care versus Nursing Home Care
As we grow older, we begin to lose our strength and self-sufficiency. Our dependence on others continues to increase with age. In this situation, it is the relationships between the elderly parents and their children that come to the fore. If you are truly keen about finding the best care for your elderly parents, universally, there is no better care available than home care.
Especially in cases where the only issue with parents is simply aging, and they do not suffer from any serious illness such as Alzheimer’s or any health problems, home care is the best answer. Generally, the elderly parents would choose to receive home care instead of living at a nursing home, if given a choice. At that age, home is the only place that can give them peace and solace. They are familiar with the surroundings, they know the people in the locality, and they have nostalgic memories associated with the place. Therefore, it is much easier for them to survive in such a place, and be contented at the same time.
In home care, usually the children will provide the personal care and attention for their elderly parents. That kind of personal care and attention cannot be found even at the best nursing homes because they are not your “own place” or “own people”. Usually, at a home or any other such institution, the elderly are required to handle their own daily chores, and there is minimal external help available. This in itself can be an obstacle for an elderly person and make his or her life difficult.
In case of home care, it is difficult for only one child to provide everything for the parents, unless he or she is in a strong financial position to afford the best home care for them. Therefore, all of the children should contribute and find a joint solution in favor of their parents. Similarly, other family members, close friends and even neighbors can provide external support for the sake of the elderly.
On the other hand, in case of nursing home care, you cannot expect personalized attention or care, unless you choose a place that is highly expensive and you can afford such a place. Nursing home care is primarily in cases where the elderly cannot function without physical assistance of another person, or suffers from a myriad of health issues that need exclusive attention and time.
Basically, each case is different, and depends upon the personal health condition of the elderly parents, the relationship between the parents and children, and the affordability issues. Therefore, it is important to review the pros and cons of both alternatives, before choosing the one that is most suitable for you.
Suggestions for Further Reading
- Prosperity and Abundance
- Anger Management
- Stress Reduction and Management Techniques
- Career Planning and Development
- Developing Communication Skills
- Concentration Practice
- Creativity and Innovation
- Coping With Emotions
- Positive Self-Esteem
- Coping With Fear and Anxiety
- The Experience of Happiness
- Using and Improving Intuition
- Leadership Skills
- Love and Love Relationships
- Mental Maturity
- Meditation, Concentration and Mindfulness
- Memory Techniques
- Mental Health
- Mental Peace
- This Page on Mental Peace Has Moved
- Mindfulness Practice
- Self-help Inspiration
- Negotiation Skills
- Personality Development
- Planning, Prioritizing and Budgeting
- The Power of Positive Thinking
- Reading Skills
- Building Relationships
- Relaxation and Stress Reduction
- Silence and Healingm
- Achieving Success
- Visualization Techniques
- The Secret of the Ages by Robert Collier, Index Of Chapters
- The Master Key System by Charles F. Haanel
- Self-help Videos - Hinduwebsite.com
- Self-help, Free Audio Downloads
- Think Success: A Book on Self-help
- Being the Best - A Book on Self-help
- Resolving Differences With NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming)
- Effective Communication Skills
- Improving Your Communication Skills
- Are You Listening?
- Top Ten Ways to Improve Your Communication Skills
- Are You a Control Freak?
- Purpose and Communication Skills
- Create Your Future With Visualization
- Programming the Subconscious With Visualization
- Some Aspects of Our Evolving Creativity
- Some Techniques to Improve Creativity
- Creativity Through Intuition
- Aging and Creativity
- Creative Solutions to Increase Productivity
- A Two Step Plan For More Creativity
- Myths about Creativity and Innovation
Source Bizymoms has been helping women work at home for over a decade and now provides information on everyday matters and important issues. Their "People and Relationships" section provides you with information and tips on keeping all of your relationships thriving. Visit Bizimoms.com today for information on relationships.
Translate the Page