Seven Principles to Achieve Success In Any Task
|| Abundance || Stress || Career || Communication || Concentration || Creativity || Emotions || Self-Esteem || Fear || Happiness || Healing || Intuition || Leadership || Love || Maturity || Meditation || Memory || Mental Health || Peace || Mindfulness || Inspiration || Negotiation || Personality || Planning || PMA || Reading || Relationships || Relaxation || Success || Visualization || The Secret || Master Key System || Videos || Audio || Our Books || Being the Best || Resources ||
The dictionary definition of success is, getting or achieving wealth, respect, fame, etc. When you have all the good things in life, which people desire and dream about, you are considered successful by others. For most people success means material success. They see success in terms of having a dream life, becoming important, popular or powerful, earning name and fame or respect and recognition or owning a lot of wealth, etc. From a worldly perspective, they accept other people's success if it is visible, measurable and exceeds their expectations of their own success.
However, your success does not always need to be visible or measurable, or need to be recognized, approved or appreciated by others or fit into their model of success. The kind of success which the world worships does not guarantee peace or happiness or even fulfillment. It also demands a lot of hard work and personal sacrifice, sometimes to the detriment of one's own spiritual values and personal wellbeing.
Success can manifest in our lives in numerous ways. Truly speaking, whoever manages to survive on earth, overcoming numerous obstacles which life puts in our way, is considered successful. Indeed, those who are born or live in adverse circumstances should be deemed more successful since they have to overcome more challenges and deal with more difficult problems to survive and manage their lives, fulfilling their basic physiological needs.
In simple terms, you are successful if you achieve whatever you intend to achieve. You succeed whenever you achieve the desired outcome in any task or endeavor according to the standards you choose or value. The outcome can be as simple as drafting an email or as difficult as learning a new language, gaining someone's love and respect or completing a major project where the stakes are high.
Life is a mixture of successes and failures. It does not guarantee success in every attempt. Success is always built on the foundation of numerous failures. Success is also achieved incrementally through several small steps or initiatives. When your successes exceed your failures, you will be deemed successful. Therefore, if you want to be successful in life, you must try to be effective in all the tasks you perform and all the goals you want to achieve. If you are effective and efficient in every task you perform, you will end up becoming a successful person in your own estimate and probably in the estimate of others.
You can achieve success in any field or task, if you adhere to a few important principles. They are listed below.
- Know what you want. Better, if you translate it into a clear, specific, measurable and realistic goal so that you will know exactly what to do.
- Do not let up until it is done. Think of it and remember it continuously until the end. This serves as the fuel for your effort, motivation and focus.
- Visualize the end clearly and exactly as you intend to achieve. It will help you to be precise in your effort, purpose and focus.
- Do not give up until you reach it. Keep trying and persevering. Even if it is a simple task, give your 100%.
- Adapt to situations, learn from failures and review and revise your methods if necessary. This will help you overcome unforeseen situations.
- Ask for help, if it will help you, but give them their dues. This will compensate for any lack of skills, knowledge or expertize on your part.
- Be brutally honest and practical with your performance and results. This will help you deal with setbacks and failures and improve upon them.
If you follow these simple principles, chances are you will be mostly successful in your tasks and eventually reach your long-term goals.
Suggestions for Further Reading
- The Power of Determination
- Factors Which Contribute to Happiness
- Mental Maturity and Adult Behavior
- The Power of Your Thoughts
- To Think Outside the Box and Its True Meaning
- How to Avoid Stereotyping People
- Meditation and Levitation
- Enjoying the Simple Pleasures of Life
- 10 Reasons Why Plans Fail
- Thought, Energy and Manifestation
- How to Deal With Unpleasant Situations
- Stop Blaming Others
- Ten Effective Ways to Improve Your Self Esteem
- Determination, The Sustaining Power
- Are you Bored With Your Life?
- What Do You Think Success Means?
- Why People Worship Celebrities and Film Stars?
- Dealing with Adversity
- The Success Mindset
- Why Older Workers Find It Difficult to Get a Job?
- Invite Peace Into Your Life
- How to Practice Forgiveness in Daily Life
- Effective Listening Skills
- Being the Best - A Book on Self-help
- Think Success : Essays on Self-help
- Essays On Dharma
- Esoteric Mystic Hinduism
- Introduction to Hinduism
- Hindu Way of Life
- Essays On Karma
- Hindu Rites and Rituals
- The Origin of The Sanskrit Language
- Symbolism in Hinduism
- Essays on The Upanishads
- Concepts of Hinduism
- Essays on Atman
- Hindu Festivals
- Spiritual Practice
- Right Living
- Yoga of Sorrow
- Mental Health
- Concepts of Buddhism
- General Essays
Author: Jayaram V is the Founder President of Hinduwebsite.com. He has written several articles and published several books on religions of Indian origin, Spirituality and Self-improvement. To know more about him, please visit his author website at JayaramV.com.
Translate the Page