Use Affirmations to Resolve Emotions
|| Abundance || Stress || Career || Communication || Concentration || Creativity || Emotions || Self-Esteem || Fear || Happiness || Intuition || Leadership || Love || Maturity || Meditation || Memory || Mental Health || Peace || Mindfulness || Inspiration || Negotiation || Personality || Planning || PMA || Reading || Relationships || Relaxation || Healing || Success || Visualization || The Secret || Master Key System || Videos || Audio || Our Books || Being the Best || Resources ||
As we work on getting free from emotions, we will often observe that what we feel or what is bothering us changes and eludes us. In such cases, we might find it beneficial to flow with those changes addressing each obstacle as it appears. We must however always have in mind the unresolved emotions, aspects and issues and return to check them and resolve them.
We can work on getting free from emotions in various ways. Some might be:
1. Analyzing what we believe which causes us to feel that way and work on transforming that belief.
2. Discovering our childhood experiences, which have conditioned us to feel that way and transform our childhood interpretation of those experiences. (For this we might find professional help through regressions, rebirthing, EMDR, TFT and EFT.)
3. We can use positive affirmations, which will allow us to program our minds more positively.
4. We can keep a high level of energy by eating healthily, exercising and / or dancing regularly, as well as by regular breathing exercises.
5. Sincere spiritual or religious faith can help overcome most negative emotions.
6. We can correct the disturbed energy field, which is creating these feelings. This is possible through new methods of "Energy Psychology" based on Dr. Callahan¢s Thought Field Therapy. (A simplified version can be found at http://www.emofree.com) (Once you learn how to perform the technique you can learn to employ it towards various goals at http://www.HolisticHarmony.com/eft/index.asp
Some helpful Affirmations might be the following. You will notice that the affirmations first seek to allow us to understand, accept and love ourselves exactly as we are with our negative emotions and then declare our choice to be free from them. We might need to work with various aspects in order to get totally free.
A. Working Directly With the Emotion
1. Even though I feel (the emotion) _____________ when / because ___________ (stimulus), I deeply and profoundly love myself.
2. I choose (want, deserve, allow myself, accept, realize that it is in my benefit) to be free from this (emotion) ______.
B. Possible Aspects We Need to Look At
I. Emotions which we have currently (which we are now working on)
A. Even though I feel some _______(perhaps - guilt, shame, self-rejection, self-doubt, anger) because I have this (emotion we are working on) _____________ when / because ___________, I deeply and profoundly love myself.
B. I choose (want, deserve, allow myself, accept, realize that it is in my benefit) to be free from this (emotion) ________. (The one that we have because of the fact that we have the original emotion)
II. Emotions which might be creating the original emotion. (For example anger and hate are usually a secondary emotions which are caused by primary emotions such as fear, hurt, injustice, guilt etc. In such a case the primary emotions might need to be removed in order to get free from the secondary - i.e. anger)
A. Even though I feel some _______(perhaps - fear, guilt, shame, self-rejection, self-doubt, injustice) because / when ___________, I deeply and profoundly love myself.
B. I choose (want, deserve, allow myself, accept, realize that it is in my benefit) to be free from this (emotion) ________.
III. Resistance which we might have about getting free from this emotion. (Psychological Reversal). We need to work on each possible resistance separately.
Consider some of the possible beliefs, which might create resistance:
Beliefs and factors which may cause us not to want to let go of a particular emotion.
1. I have felt this way a long time and do not know what it will be like to be without this emotion. It will be like losing an important part of myself or my life. (We have become attached or addicted to feeling this way.)
2. I believe that I need this emotion in order to protect myself from others. (Possibly anger, depression, injustice, pain)
3. I will lose my power or control over others. (Perhaps anger, depression, dissatisfaction.)
4. I will lose others¢ attention if I do not have this emotion.
5. I will lose my self-worth if I do not feel this way. (Especially feeling the victim or angry from which we seek to get our feelings of goodness, rightness - self-worth)
6. I will allow others to be free from feeling guilty or responsible about me. I will lose control over them.
7. I will need to take responsibility for my life.
8. I will need to be happy - something which scares me.
9. I will have to recognize my self-worth - which also scares me.
In such cases of inner obstacles, we can use the following phrases:
A. Even though I fear letting go of this emotion because _____ (resistance) ________________, I deeply and profoundly love myself.
Note: If we sense we have some resistance but do not know what it is then we can just say
- Even though I seem to have some resistance towards letting go of this emotion, I deeply and profoundly love myself.
- I choose (want, deserve, allow myself, accept, realize that it is in my benefit) to be free from this (fear or resistance) ________.
IV. Physical problems associated with emotions involved.
A. Even though I have this (physical phenomenon) ____________ in my (part of body) ___________, I deeply and profoundly love myself.
B. I choose (want, deserve, allow myself, accept, realize that it is in my benefit) to be free from this (physical phenomenon) ______ in my (part of body)_____.
V. Childhood experiences similar to this event which make us more susceptible.
A. Even though I feel (emotion) ____________ concerning what (name of person) _____ did ________(in Childhood), I deeply and profoundly love myself.
B. I choose (want, deserve, allow myself, accept, realize that it is in my benefit) to be free from this (emotion) ______.
May you be well on all levels of your being
Suggestions for Further Reading
- The Power of Determination
- Factors Which Contribute to Happiness
- Mental Maturity and Adult Behavior
- The Power of Your Thoughts
- To Think Outside the Box and Its True Meaning
- How to Avoid Stereotyping People
- Meditation and Levitation
- Enjoying the Simple Pleasures of Life
- 10 Reasons Why Plans Fail
- Thought, Energy and Manifestation
- How to Deal With Unpleasant Situations
- Stop Blaming Others
- Ten Effective Ways to Improve Your Self Esteem
- Determination, The Sustaining Power
- Are you Bored With Your Life?
- What Do You Think Success Means?
- Why People Worship Celebrities and Film Stars?
- Dealing with Adversity
- The Success Mindset
- Why Older Workers Find It Difficult to Get a Job?
- Invite Peace Into Your Life
- How to Practice Forgiveness in Daily Life
- Effective Listening Skills
- Being the Best - A Book on Self-help
- Think Success : Essays on Self-help
- Essays On Dharma
- Esoteric Mystic Hinduism
- Introduction to Hinduism
- Hindu Way of Life
- Essays On Karma
- Hindu Rites and Rituals
- The Origin of The Sanskrit Language
- Symbolism in Hinduism
- Essays on The Upanishads
- Concepts of Hinduism
- Essays on Atman
- Hindu Festivals
- Spiritual Practice
- Right Living
- Yoga of Sorrow
- Mental Health
- Concepts of Buddhism
- General Essays
Author:Robert Elias Najemy who is the author of 20 books which have sold over 100,000 copies. He is the founder and has been the director of the Center for Harmonious Living in Athens, Greece for the last 26 years. The center has a membership of 3000 clients and 600 students. He has lectured over 25,000 hours and has worked with around 20,000 persons through personal appointments, classes and seminars. Robert Najemy may be contacted at http://www.HolisticHarmony.com [email protected]
Translate the Page