How to Get Rid of Negative Emotions?
|| Abundance || Stress || Career || Communication || Concentration || Creativity || Emotions || Self-Esteem || Fear || Happiness || Intuition || Leadership || Love || Maturity || Meditation || Memory || Mental Health || Peace || Mindfulness || Inspiration || Negotiation || Personality || Planning || PMA || Reading || Relationships || Relaxation || Healing || Success || Visualization || The Secret || Master Key System || Videos || Audio || Our Books || Being the Best || Resources ||
Negative emotions, like insecurity, fear, despair, discouragement, frustration, anger, deception can pollute your life.
Throughout the day, you experience all kinds of emotions, some are positive and others are negative and painful.
Feeling positive emotions, like happiness or peace is a choice, isn't it? Negative emotions are choices as well.
Consciously or unconsciously, you choose to generate a feeling.
When you feel negative about yourself or an outside event, you can say to yourself: "I am in a bad mood" or a better way to say it is: "I choose to be in a bad mood".
This statement gives you more freedom and responsibility, don't you think?
This freedom and responsibility can help you choose whether you want to immediately change the kind of emotions you're experiencing or not.
It is your choice to totally master your thoughts and eventually master your personal life.
Here are the following three steps to get rid of negative emotions, simply but powerfully.
With some practice, you can apply it successfully in seconds. This technique is called the cloud technique.
So the next time, you experience a negative emotion, apply these three little steps:
1.The cloud symbol. First, make a representation of the negative emotion as a cloud. Notice its shape, colour and how it moves? The representation for example could be a big, black cloud that moves around you.
2. Blow the cloud. Step out of the cloud and leave it where you were standing. Look at it, asking yourself the following questions "Is this emotion useful for me right now?" or "Is this emotion helping me as I communicate?"
Now you’re going to take a deep breath and blow at the cloud which will dissolve before you or float up into the blue sky and disappear. Notice how the negative emotion goes away as well.
3. Feel great. Finally, decide what you want to replace your negative emotion. Choose a new positive emotion to try such as love, kindness, peace, friendship, confidence, humour or curiosity.
Imagine another cloud or a door that will represent your positive feeling. Then step into the cloud or the open door and see how you feel. By then, you should be calm, at peace or full of love. This is your choice.
This technique can be surprising at first, due to its simplicity.
When you are stuck in a negative mood, it may seem like you have no choice.
When you use this technique, you will be more aware of your power to change your thoughts, emotions and even your life.
You will be more conscious of your inner gift, which is your free agency or your freedom to choose.
Changing your emotions in a blink of an eye is possible.
It is also a choice you can make consciously.
Don't let your emotions control you. You can master your life by mastering what happens inside of you.
The more you apply this technique, you more you will feel great and the more you will be success in your life.
Suggestions for Further Reading
- The Power of Determination
- Factors Which Contribute to Happiness
- Mental Maturity and Adult Behavior
- The Power of Your Thoughts
- To Think Outside the Box and Its True Meaning
- How to Avoid Stereotyping People
- Meditation and Levitation
- Enjoying the Simple Pleasures of Life
- 10 Reasons Why Plans Fail
- Thought, Energy and Manifestation
- How to Deal With Unpleasant Situations
- Stop Blaming Others
- Ten Effective Ways to Improve Your Self Esteem
- Determination, The Sustaining Power
- Are you Bored With Your Life?
- What Do You Think Success Means?
- Why People Worship Celebrities and Film Stars?
- Dealing with Adversity
- The Success Mindset
- Why Older Workers Find It Difficult to Get a Job?
- Invite Peace Into Your Life
- How to Practice Forgiveness in Daily Life
- Effective Listening Skills
- Being the Best - A Book on Self-help
- Think Success : Essays on Self-help
- Essays On Dharma
- Esoteric Mystic Hinduism
- Introduction to Hinduism
- Hindu Way of Life
- Essays On Karma
- Hindu Rites and Rituals
- The Origin of The Sanskrit Language
- Symbolism in Hinduism
- Essays on The Upanishads
- Concepts of Hinduism
- Essays on Atman
- Hindu Festivals
- Spiritual Practice
- Right Living
- Yoga of Sorrow
- Mental Health
- Concepts of Buddhism
- General Essays
Translate the Page