The Awakened Life contains a thoughtful mix of essays
on spiritual life and how, as spiritual beings, we may
broaden our vision, stepping out of our limited circles
of interests and concerns and accept ourselves as
aspects of the universal self.
They suggest an enlightened approach, according to
the values and principles enshrined in our scriptures,
to understand the significance of human life and what we
may do to widen our vision and work on our limitations.
The book provides an insight into our understanding
human suffering, inner harmony, the working of the ego,
the state of the self, the middle path, equanimity,
god-centric life, the composition of the human
personality, spiritual laws, detachment, spiritual
materialism, conduct and discipline and spiritual
liberation. It covers a broad spectrum of spiritual
subjects including the following.
- How to cultivate friendship with God, accept him
as your role model, think of Him constantly and lead
a God centric life.
- How to deal with the problem of the ego and the
challenges we face in dealing with it.
- How to make use of reason, emotion and faith to
enrich our lives.
- The importance of middle path in human life and
why it is necessary to avoid the extremes in any
- What we can learn from our suffering and what we
may do to resolve it.
- Why desire is a divine quality and how we may
use it with knowledge and discretion How to manifest
God’s divine qualities in our lives abundantly.
- How to extend your vision and identity with the
the universal Self to overcome your prejudices.
- How to cultivate equanimity.
- The four important facets of human suffering and
what we may learn from them.
- How to step out of your egoistic state of mind
and perceive the unity hidden everywhere. How to
balance your worldly concerns with your spiritual
- How unity and diversity are manifested in the
various components of human personality.
- How to overcome perceptual bias and see things
as they are with an insightful observation.
- The importance of food in human life.
- Why it is necessary to choose the right food.
- How we can work for our liberation by
transforming our lower selves.