Effective Relaxation Techniques
As a general rule we all face much more demanding daily lives. The working day is getting longer and longer, and more of us are required to work longer hours or even get second jobs to pay for mortgages and other bills. As such, we find it difficult to give ourselves the time to relax and wind down that we need.
Our body and mind need this time to rejuvenate and recover from the daily grind. A failure to take time out from this hectic daily schedule can have detrimental effects on our physical and mental well being. Even when we do get time to unwind we often find ourselves worrying about work or family matters and this can be just as damaging. By employing effective but simple relaxation techniques we can avoid stress, depression and physical illness.
1- The body and mind are very closely related and this means that there are a number of exercises that can be adopted that will not only improve our physical well being but act as excellent relaxation techniques. Techniques like this have been employed in yoga and other meditative arts that have developed over a great many years in many different cultures.
2- Relaxing the body will go a long way to improving your physical condition, however, the most effective relaxation techniques should combine the relaxing of the body and the mind. You should shut out any stressful thoughts about work or home; perhpas try repeating one word or short phrase over and over and if any obtrusuive thoughts do come into your mind then you should concentrate on the repetition again.
3- Only you really know the things that you find relaxing and you should try to do them as often as possible. Even if it's only for a few minutes at a time you should make time. Just because your partner finds that relaxation techniques include playing sport or watching television doesn't mean you have to do the same.
4- There are many different relaxation techniques from self hypnosis to yoga and others. Find one that interests you and suits you and learn about it. Study it carefully before you enrol in a course or begin teaching yourself. The key to good relaxation techniques is that they shouldn't be difficult. If they are difficult that will force you to think about it, giving you stressful thoughts.
5- Don't get stressed about relaxation techniques. If you're struggling with an exercise or technique don't worry. If you're falling asleep every time you try self hypnosis or meditation don't worry. These techniques are designed to help you not give you more things to worry about.
Suggestions for Further Reading
- Prosperity and Abundance
- Anger Management
- Stress Reduction and Management Techniques
- Career Planning and Development
- Developing Communication Skills
- Concentration Practice
- Creativity and Innovation
- Coping With Emotions
- Positive Self-Esteem
- Coping With Fear and Anxiety
- The Experience of Happiness
- Using and Improving Intuition
- Leadership Skills
- Love and Love Relationships
- Mental Maturity
- Meditation, Concentration and Mindfulness
- Memory Techniques
- Mental Health
- Mental Peace
- This Page on Mental Peace Has Moved
- Mindfulness Practice
- Self-help Inspiration
- Negotiation Skills
- Personality Development
- Planning, Prioritizing and Budgeting
- The Power of Positive Thinking
- Reading Skills
- Building Relationships
- Relaxation and Stress Reduction
- Silence and Healingm
- Achieving Success
- Visualization Techniques
- The Secret of the Ages by Robert Collier, Index Of Chapters
- The Master Key System by Charles F. Haanel
- Self-help Videos - Hinduwebsite.com
- Self-help, Free Audio Downloads
- Think Success: A Book on Self-help
- Being the Best - A Book on Self-help
- Resolving Differences With NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming)
- Effective Communication Skills
- Improving Your Communication Skills
- Are You Listening?
- Top Ten Ways to Improve Your Communication Skills
- Are You a Control Freak?
- Purpose and Communication Skills
- Create Your Future With Visualization
- Programming the Subconscious With Visualization
- Some Aspects of Our Evolving Creativity
- Some Techniques to Improve Creativity
- Creativity Through Intuition
- Aging and Creativity
- Creative Solutions to Increase Productivity
- A Two Step Plan For More Creativity
- Myths about Creativity and Innovation