Are you Bored With Your Life?
|| Abundance || Stress || Career || Communication || Concentration || Creativity || Emotions || Self-Esteem || Fear || Happiness || Healing || Intuition || Leadership || Love || Maturity || Meditation || Memory || Mental Health || Peace || Mindfulness || Inspiration || Negotiation || Personality || Planning || PMA || Reading || Relationships || Relaxation || Success || Visualization || The Secret || Master Key System || Videos || Audio || Our Books || Being the Best || Resources ||
Do you remember what did happen yesterday or day before or two days before? If you are one of those who got into a rut and living the same routine in the same manner day after day, most likely you will not remember much of what happens to you everyday. Many people fall into a routine life sooner of later and lose track of the moments that make up their lives.
Routine is necessary, to some extent, because you cannot wake up every day and begin to worry what to do next. Routine normalizes your life and saves you from the stress of dealing with the unknown and the uncertain. However, a routine life has its own downside. It makes your life less adventurous, less exciting and less interesting.
Most people grow up, find a job, get married, have children and settle down. Then somehow, somewhere, almost imperceptibly, they fall into a dull and monotonous routine that make their lives increasingly uninteresting and even depressing. It is important to recognize the problem of monotony early, which is inherent in modern life, before it becomes a problem. If you are one of them who suffers from frequent bouts of boredom and loneliness, it is necessary to find ways and means to deal with it.
What does routine do to you? It brings monotony, makes your life dull and miserable, and reduces your zest for life. It also affects your relationships, activity, thinking and outlook, besides limiting your self-growth and professional success. Many people suffer from depression after retirement due to sheer monotony, feeling neglected, ignored, humiliated or helpless. Some even die, because of sheer loneliness and depression.
Monotony reduces life into a long series of dreary and dull moments. When people feel stuck in a rut, it drives them to desperation and those who feel that their choices to break through that monotony are limited feel even more depressed.
If you are suffering from monotony and leading a dull and boring life, what are you going to do? Here are a few inexpensive, simple and practical suggestions to deal with this problem. They do not require major adjustments to your current plans and priorities, career goals or general Wellbeing.
1. How can you break the monotony of life?
2. Step out of your comfort zone.
3. Think from different perspectives.
4. Cultivate some new skills.
5. Find new friends.
6. Go on vacation.
7. Reward yourself with a sumptuous dinner or a good movie.
8. Spend time with your loved ones who care for you.
9. Find a purpose that is greater than you.
10. Find a passion that gives you an opportunity to express your talents and skills.
11. If you are leading a sedentary life, join a gym or begin to exercise and walk.
12. If you are already fit and healthy, prepare for a marathon or a cycling or hiking event
13. Read motivational or inspirational books.
14. Revisit some old places where you lived before.
15. Throw a party and invite your friends.
16. Join a club or a professional organization.
17. Have new goals.
18. Look for opportunities.
19. Keep trying.
20. Try a new job, if you can afford it and deal with the anxiety and rejection.
21. Write a letter or send a new mail to someone you have not spoken for long.
These suggestions are general, and all may not be suitable for you. Pick the ones that appeal to you and practice them. You may even devise some of your own. Use your creativity and ingenuity to break the monotony of routine that is clogging your life and making you a prisoner of your own habits and thinking. Someone said that the real joy in life came from doing small things and enjoying small pleasures. It is moments filled with little pieces of information, which create your life and keep you moving forward. If you take care of them, most likely you will experience fulfillment. Therefore, do not avoid the problem and make yourself miserable. Do not indulge in self-pity. Also, do not expect your friends and family to cure your boredom and make you happy. By doing so, you will only push them away and become even more lonely. Find every opportunity to break free from the chains that keep you bound to your fears, worries and anxieties.
Life is unique. Life is too short. The moments that make up your life will not happen again, except in your thoughts and memory. Once you are gone or out of sight, no one will be there to tell the story of your life and the moments you savored. Your life is a precious gift given to you without your asking. It gives you a great opportunity to realize your dreams and become whatever you want you to be. Give it a push with enthusiasm and confidence and see how far you can take it on the path to peace, joy, success, and happiness. You do not have to feel helpless and lost in the monotony of life, unless you want to wallow in self-pity and misery and find every excuse to avoid taking control of your life. Resolve the problem here and now, by making a strong self-commitment to take charge of your life and break free from the habitual patterns of your mind.
Suggestions for Further Reading
- The Power of Determination
- Factors Which Contribute to Happiness
- Mental Maturity and Adult Behavior
- The Power of Your Thoughts
- To Think Outside the Box and Its True Meaning
- How to Avoid Stereotyping People
- Meditation and Levitation
- Enjoying the Simple Pleasures of Life
- 10 Reasons Why Plans Fail
- Thought, Energy and Manifestation
- How to Deal With Unpleasant Situations
- Stop Blaming Others
- Ten Effective Ways to Improve Your Self Esteem
- Determination, The Sustaining Power
- Are you Bored With Your Life?
- What Do You Think Success Means?
- Why People Worship Celebrities and Film Stars?
- Dealing with Adversity
- The Success Mindset
- Why Older Workers Find It Difficult to Get a Job?
- Invite Peace Into Your Life
- How to Practice Forgiveness in Daily Life
- Effective Listening Skills
- Being the Best - A Book on Self-help
- Think Success : Essays on Self-help
- Essays On Dharma
- Esoteric Mystic Hinduism
- Introduction to Hinduism
- Hindu Way of Life
- Essays On Karma
- Hindu Rites and Rituals
- The Origin of The Sanskrit Language
- Symbolism in Hinduism
- Essays on The Upanishads
- Concepts of Hinduism
- Essays on Atman
- Hindu Festivals
- Spiritual Practice
- Right Living
- Yoga of Sorrow
- Mental Health
- Concepts of Buddhism
- General Essays
Translate the Page