Developing Your Abilities With Empowering Beliefs
Decide what you want to do, what you want to learn, to develop or to develop further. Make a list of such desires. Among the many possibilities, you may decide that you want to sing, dance, draw or to meditate, or to massage or to cook better, to overcome a certain fear, to offer more love and service to others, to have more discipline, to start a business, to study a language or some science. There is a whole world of beautiful forms of learning and expression. Nothing that we develop or learn is ever lost. It is all recorded in our causal body, in the soul memory. All the objects we accumulate in life will be left here, but the abilities and awareness and knowledge we develop will be available to us in future lives, if it is useful to us then.
Thus we would do better in life to spend time on learning and developing our abilities on all levels, material, emotional, mental and spiritual, so that we may find real happiness and spiritual growth into higher levels of consciousness.
Once you have made your list of desired abilities, then start to make a program as to how, on a very practical level, you are going to do it. Are you going to follow a seminar, hire a teacher or procure books on the subject? How much time are you going to spend each day on developing that ability? "Practice makes perfect" is the saying; and it is true. Only through practice will that trait become yours. Even loving and feeling peaceful can be practiced.
Get started. Do not delay. Do not put off the program for tomorrow. It never comes. Tomorrow is always tomorrow. The present is our only chance for liberation from the limiting beliefs of the past.
1. I am an all-capable soul in the process of evolution.
As I evolve, these abilities become more and more manifest. I am acceptable in all cases, whether I succeed or fail. These are simply two steps on the way to self-development. How could I ever learn to do something if I do not try it for the first time? And how could I expect myself to do it perfectly the first time? Thus, I can learn only if I allow myself to make mistakes and not fear what others will think of them.
2. All powers and abilities are within me.
I am not really learning something new. It is like allowing the almond seed to become an almond tree. It does not need to learn to become a tree. The knowledge is within it. All knowledge of all abilities is latent, like a seed within me. It needs only a little water, earth, sun and air, in the form of practice, patience, perseverance and detachment.
3. i am an instrument of the expression of the divine consciousness.
Thus I can follow my inner voice which creates in me the desire to move in various directions in my life. As long as I follow this voice and the golden rule, "not to do anything to anyone that I would not like them to do to me," I will be in that divine flow. I can trust that divine flow, that inner voice. There is no need to fear about economic security, or social acceptance. When I am in the flow, not resisting, not fearing, all will be harmonious. I will have everything that I need.
These thoughts can be made into affirmations that can be introduced frequently into the mind in the various ways described in the previous chapters.
I hope that your life will continue to blossom with greater and greater harmony, love, peace and creative expression.
Suggestions for Further Reading
- Prosperity and Abundance
- Anger Management
- Stress Reduction and Management Techniques
- Career Planning and Development
- Developing Communication Skills
- Concentration Practice
- Creativity and Innovation
- Coping With Emotions
- Positive Self-Esteem
- Coping With Fear and Anxiety
- The Experience of Happiness
- Using and Improving Intuition
- Leadership Skills
- Love and Love Relationships
- Mental Maturity
- Meditation, Concentration and Mindfulness
- Memory Techniques
- Mental Health
- Mental Peace
- This Page on Mental Peace Has Moved
- Mindfulness Practice
- Self-help Inspiration
- Negotiation Skills
- Personality Development
- Planning, Prioritizing and Budgeting
- The Power of Positive Thinking
- Reading Skills
- Building Relationships
- Relaxation and Stress Reduction
- Silence and Healingm
- Achieving Success
- Visualization Techniques
- The Secret of the Ages by Robert Collier, Index Of Chapters
- The Master Key System by Charles F. Haanel
- Self-help Videos - Hinduwebsite.com
- Self-help, Free Audio Downloads
- Think Success: A Book on Self-help
- Being the Best - A Book on Self-help
- Resolving Differences With NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming)
- Effective Communication Skills
- Improving Your Communication Skills
- Are You Listening?
- Top Ten Ways to Improve Your Communication Skills
- Are You a Control Freak?
- Purpose and Communication Skills
- Create Your Future With Visualization
- Programming the Subconscious With Visualization
- Some Aspects of Our Evolving Creativity
- Some Techniques to Improve Creativity
- Creativity Through Intuition
- Aging and Creativity
- Creative Solutions to Increase Productivity
- A Two Step Plan For More Creativity
- Myths about Creativity and Innovation
Author: Robert Elias Najemy who is the author of 20 books which have sold over 100,000 copies. He is the founder and has been the director of the Center for Harmonious Living in Athens, Greece for the last 26 years. The center has a membership of 3000 clients and 600 students. He has lectured over 25,000 hours and has worked with around 20,000 persons through personal appointments, classes and seminars. His site is www.HolisticHarmony.com