How To Be Happy With Meaning and Purpose
Happiness is a positive state of mind and having positive feelings. We do experience happiness frequently almost every day, but we do not remember those occasions, since we do not pay them attention. It is also true that in most cases, our moments of happiness do not last long. We can discern two aspects of happiness in our lives, the experience of happiness and the state of happiness. The former connotes happy moments we experience in our lives and the latter is about our general state of mind, attitude and propensity.
Experience suggests that we are usually happy under the following circumstances.
1. When we do what we love most.
2. When we have a purpose in life.
3. When we are in harmony with ourselves and others
4. When our dreams and desires are fulfilled
5. When we learn to adapt ourselves to the demands of life
6. When we help others
7. When we are recognized, rewarded and appreciated
8. When we are loved and cared for
9. When we have security and stability
10. When we are in control of a situation
11. When we are in the company of people we love most.
From the above it becomes clear that we can make ourselves happy by creating situations and conditions that are conducive to happiness. While some frustration and dissatisfaction may still remain deep within our minds and some circumstances about our lives may still bother us, within in those limitations we can create opportunities to increase our happiness. In this regard, the following suggestions are helpful.
1. Do what you love most. If you cannot leave your current profession, use your free time to pursue your hobbies and dreams.
2. Have a purpose in your life, that gives you a sense of direction and the ability to bear the suffering with hope and resolve.
3. Spend time with the people you love most and those who love you dearly. People who love you boost your self-esteem and make you feel good about yourself.
4. Avoid the company of critical people and those with whom you cannot get along. At times it is better to avoid bad company rather than trying to impress them and win over them.
5. Find time to help others, invite your friends and family for lunch or dinner, participate in some voluntary activity or mentor children who need help and who lack a proper home environment.
6. Whether at work or at home, make yourself useful, helpful and friendly in whatever you can.
7. Live within your means and invest your savings wisely even if it is not much.
8. Avoid taking undue risks whose consequences you cannot resolve.
9. Give your health top priority and make sure that you keep yourself health both mentally and physically.
10. Focus on your strengths and achievements and learn to forgive and accept yourself unconditionally.
11. Avoid hurting and harming others for personal gains or to make yourself feel good. You have to recognize other people's right to happiness just as you acknowledge your own.
Suggestions for Further Reading
- Prosperity and Abundance
- Anger Management
- Stress Reduction and Management Techniques
- Career Planning and Development
- Developing Communication Skills
- Concentration Practice
- Creativity and Innovation
- Coping With Emotions
- Positive Self-Esteem
- Coping With Fear and Anxiety
- The Experience of Happiness
- Using and Improving Intuition
- Leadership Skills
- Love and Love Relationships
- Mental Maturity
- Meditation, Concentration and Mindfulness
- Memory Techniques
- Mental Health
- Mental Peace
- This Page on Mental Peace Has Moved
- Mindfulness Practice
- Self-help Inspiration
- Negotiation Skills
- Personality Development
- Planning, Prioritizing and Budgeting
- The Power of Positive Thinking
- Reading Skills
- Building Relationships
- Relaxation and Stress Reduction
- Silence and Healingm
- Achieving Success
- Visualization Techniques
- The Secret of the Ages by Robert Collier, Index Of Chapters
- The Master Key System by Charles F. Haanel
- Self-help Videos - Hinduwebsite.com
- Self-help, Free Audio Downloads
- Think Success: A Book on Self-help
- Being the Best - A Book on Self-help
- Anger Causes and Management
- Anger Signs and Anger Management
- Fear the Real Cause of Anger
- Myths Of Anger Management
- A Technique to Control Anger
- Anger Problem and Solutions
- Positive Way To Deal With Your Anger and Frustration
- How to Reduce Anxiety With Cognitive Therapy
- How to Lose Weight With Right Mindset
- A New Method to Create Affirmations
- The Experience of Being and the Vision of Oneness
- Three Steps To Better Intuition<
- Core Values A For Principle Centered Life
Translate the Page