Managinig Fear of Loneliness
|| Abundance || Stress || Career || Communication || Concentration || Creativity || Emotions || Self-Esteem || Fear || Happiness || Intuition || Leadership || Love || Maturity || Meditation || Memory || Mental Health || Peace || Mindfulness || Inspiration || Negotiation || Personality || Planning || PMA || Reading || Relationships || Relaxation || Healing || Success || Visualization || The Secret || Master Key System || Videos || Audio || Our Books || Being the Best || Resources ||
You can use smart solutions that are easily available to you to deal certain problems in your life. When a problem arises, you can find solutions to deal with it rather than expecting the problem to resolve itself or blaming others for your suffering. Loneliness is a major problem in the modern world as traditional roles and relationships of both men and women have change tremendously in the last few decades.
As many people have migrated from their native places to distant lands in search of livelihood, and lost contact with their families and local communities, they are more vulnerable to the problem of loneliness. The following essays suggests a few practical, easy, healthy and inexpensive, solutions to deal with the problem of loneliness and make it an opportunity to find happiness rather a problem that leads to despair.
How to Manage Fear of Loneliness
by Stan Popovich
Sometime or another each of us will experience a time when we are alone. Some people fear of being alone for various reasons.
The first step is to become comfortable with yourself and having the self confidence that you will be able to manage being alone.
There is nothing wrong with being alone. If being alone bothers you that much, then it would help to see a counselor who can help you with these issues.
In the meantime, here is a short list of techniques that a person can use so that the fear of being alone doesn’t become a major issue in their lives.
1. The first step is to find an activity that you enjoy and where you can meet a lot of people.
For instance, joining a group activity such as playing volleyball, women’s club, or making crafts can be a great way to meet people.
Doing something that you like to do will make you happy and will help you stay committed in the group which will increase your chances of making some friends.
2. Spending time with animals can be a great source of Companionship.
Whether you have a dog or you go to your local shelter, spending time with an animal or pet can get rid of your loneliness in a big way.
Animals can be of good company to all of us whether we are alone or not.
3. Helping others through community service can be of some help. There are many people out there who could benefit from your time and talents. Helping others can give you a source of pride and accomplishment and also can lead to friendships.
It isn’t fun being alone, but sometimes there are worse things. For instance, imagine that you are married or stuck in a relationship that you can’t get out of and also makes your miserable.
Not only do you have to live with this person who makes things miserable, but there is no way to get out of the relationship because of various financial or personal reasons.
As a result, you are stuck living with someone that you can’t stand and makes you depressed every single day of your life. With this viewpoint, being alone doesn’t sound that bad.
4. For those of you who believe in God, spending time with God and prayer can help us in our lonely situation.
Spending time with God and asking God for help in our time of loneliness gives us the hope that God will help us in our time of need.
You never know how God will work in ones life. Ask him for help and trust that he will help you.
As a Layman, the important thing is to do something constructive. Sitting around and doing nothing will not make things any better whether its dealing with the fear of being alone or something else.
Take it one day at a time and stay committed in trying to solve your problem. If your still having trouble, seek the help of a professional who can provide additional insights and suggestions to your situation.
Suggestions for Further Reading
- The Power of Determination
- Factors Which Contribute to Happiness
- Mental Maturity and Adult Behavior
- The Power of Your Thoughts
- To Think Outside the Box and Its True Meaning
- How to Avoid Stereotyping People
- Meditation and Levitation
- Enjoying the Simple Pleasures of Life
- 10 Reasons Why Plans Fail
- Thought, Energy and Manifestation
- How to Deal With Unpleasant Situations
- Stop Blaming Others
- Ten Effective Ways to Improve Your Self Esteem
- Determination, The Sustaining Power
- Are you Bored With Your Life?
- What Do You Think Success Means?
- Why People Worship Celebrities and Film Stars?
- Dealing with Adversity
- The Success Mindset
- Why Older Workers Find It Difficult to Get a Job?
- Invite Peace Into Your Life
- How to Practice Forgiveness in Daily Life
- Effective Listening Skills
- Being the Best - A Book on Self-help
- Think Success : Essays on Self-help
- Essays On Dharma
- Esoteric Mystic Hinduism
- Introduction to Hinduism
- Hindu Way of Life
- Essays On Karma
- Hindu Rites and Rituals
- The Origin of The Sanskrit Language
- Symbolism in Hinduism
- Essays on The Upanishads
- Concepts of Hinduism
- Essays on Atman
- Hindu Festivals
- Spiritual Practice
- Right Living
- Yoga of Sorrow
- Mental Health
- Concepts of Buddhism
- General Essays
Author: Stan Popovich is the author of "A Layman's Guide to Managing Fear Using Psychology, Christianity and Non Resistant Methods" - an easy to read book that presents a general overview of techniques that are effective in managing persistent fears and anxieties. For additional information go to: http://www.managingfear.com/
Translate the Page