The Importance of Health
You can regard good health as a gift from God or as a gift that you can give to yourself. You can be wealthy as well as healthy or just healthy. Whatever may be your situation, being healthy is far more important than being just wealthy. If you have to choose between the two, you know what would be the right answer.
Wealthy people have better access to resources to manage their health. But that alone would not ensure good health. We also know that a healthy person, who is poor financially, is much happier than a wealthy person, who is in poor health.
Five most important factors in health
1. Healthy food. You should choose your food according to your body type, lifestyle, profession, level of activity, age, and other factors.
2. Adequate rest and sleep. Minimum eight hours comfortable sleep is the norm. However, you may require more if you frequently engage in strenuous work.
3. Regular exercise. At least 20 -30 minutes of exercise is recommended to offset the problem of a sedentary lifestyle. 4. Good habits. Habits such as smoking, chewing tobacco, alcohol have an adverse impact on health.
5. Regular medical checkup. This is a preventive measure which becomes necessary after you reach a certain age.
Your Health depends upon
Exercise and Eating
Activity and Attitude
Love and Laughter
With the advances in science and technology, the world has become a much more complicated place to live. True, we have learned to cope with many newer and more challenging problems, over a period of time, and set in motion a very advanced medical system. In spite of all the draw backs and rumblings, it still answers many of our health concerns.
In the last few decades, our average life span has almost doubled, while our scientific community has been able to find new cures for many deadly and incurable diseases. At the same time, our world has grown more complex, making our lives more difficult to manage.
Science and technology and the pace of modern life brought many comforts, but also made our live more complicated, insecure and unstable. New diseases have emerged, while stress and strain has percolated into every aspect of our lives. Children and adults alike are now subject to stress and restlessness. In the last few centuries, our world has undergone a tremendous transformation.
Environment has become more unfriendly, while our lives have become more unstable. People now consume more unhealthy food than at any other time in history. Obesity is a major issue, while people live in more cramped places because of over population.
Source: Reproduced partially from the article, "Becoming Aware of Yourself" from the book Think Success by Jayaram V. You may purchase this book from our online store
Suggestions for Further Reading
- Prosperity and Abundance
- Anger Management
- Stress Reduction and Management Techniques
- Career Planning and Development
- Developing Communication Skills
- Concentration Practice
- Creativity and Innovation
- Coping With Emotions
- Positive Self-Esteem
- Coping With Fear and Anxiety
- The Experience of Happiness
- Using and Improving Intuition
- Leadership Skills
- Love and Love Relationships
- Mental Maturity
- Meditation, Concentration and Mindfulness
- Memory Techniques
- Mental Health
- Mental Peace
- This Page on Mental Peace Has Moved
- Mindfulness Practice
- Self-help Inspiration
- Negotiation Skills
- Personality Development
- Planning, Prioritizing and Budgeting
- The Power of Positive Thinking
- Reading Skills
- Building Relationships
- Relaxation and Stress Reduction
- Silence and Healingm
- Achieving Success
- Visualization Techniques
- The Secret of the Ages by Robert Collier, Index Of Chapters
- The Master Key System by Charles F. Haanel
- Self-help Videos - Hinduwebsite.com
- Self-help, Free Audio Downloads
- Think Success: A Book on Self-help
- Being the Best - A Book on Self-help
- Ten Planning tips
- Suggestions For a Worry Free Life
- How to Increase Your Self Esteem
- Attracting Prosperity and Abundance
- Prosperity and Abundance
- Believe in Abundance Mentality
- Dealing with Adversity
- Morals from Aesop's Fables
- Positive Affirmations
- As a Man Thinketh
- Attracting Abundance and Happiness
- Becoming Aware of Yourself
- Stop Blaming Others
- Career Development
- Coping With Failure
- Cultivating the Abundance Mentality
About Think Success: In 44 well written articles presented in this books, you are introduced to a treasure trove of transformational wisdom. By following the suggestions given in this book, you can achieve success and happiness and live. It is written by Jayaram V, author of several books and hundreds of essays about Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Zoroastrianism, Spirituality and Self-help. This book is currently available at our Online Store (for residents of USA, Canada, UK and some other countries only).