Learn How To Think Positively To Reach Goals
The following excerpt is reproduced with publisher's permission from the essay, "The Power of Your Thoughts," from the book Think Success by Jayaram V.
Truly speaking, we are all great survivors. We survive against great odds. We can adapt to circumstances and survive in difficult environments. People have been doing it for ages. We may not be able to change the course of the planets, but we can change the course of our lives.
With positive thoughts and aspirations, we can bring light into our hearts and minds and change our destinies. Your thoughts manifest your desires. Since they are not always under your control, you should know how to attune them to your goals and aspirations. You have to learn how to think positively and keep your mind focused on your goals. In this regard, the following suggestions are helpful
- Pay attention to what you think mostly. Avoid frivolous thoughts.
- Believe in your ability to manifest your thoughts.
- Clearly know what you want and focus on it.
- Dispute your negative thoughts using positive ones.
- Think deeply until you have weighed all the options.
- Be realistic, but know you can create magic with your thoughts and actions.
- Do not let others control your life. Empower yourself.
- Cultivate relationships with people who are successful and positive.
- Stay focused on your strengths and positive outcomes.
- Avoid people who are by nature negative and critical.
- Organize and prioritize your resources and tasks.
- Frequently visualize your goals to remember them.
- Use positive affirmations to reinforce your thoughts and beliefs.
- Keep an open mind to see new possibilities and alternatives.
- Improve your vocabulary and communication.
- Practice meditation and mindfulness techniques to remove negative energy from your mind and body.
If you truly want to succeed in your life, you should mentally prepare for it and develop the necessary strength to withstand the problems and challenges that arise from it. You should use your intelligence to find your purpose, define your goals and develop suitable means to reach them.
No one is perfect. You must be willing to forgive your faults and imperfections, without taking them personally and being stuck in them. You must keep your mind in a certain positive frame of mind and fuel your actions with positive thoughts. This is the proven way to reach your goals.
There is no magic wand other than this. You may not have the wings of angels, but you can wing your thoughts and dreams with your beliefs and let them fly. What you think you are, and what you stand for in your life determine what you will ultimately become.
If you are in harmony with yourself, you will be in harmony with others. If you are confident of reaching your goals, you will improve your chances of success. If you remain in a positive state of mind, you will harness your energies with minimum friction.
You are the source of all that happens to you. You decide what will happen to you. You are the sum total of all your thoughts, feelings, emotions, beliefs, expectations, intentions, goals, memories, knowledge, ability, skills and energies.
Your ability to control and regulate your life, your capacity to face adversity, your willingness to learn from failures, your interest in forging healthy relationships, your integrity, personality, balance, character, and attitude are shaped by them. They make possible what you desire in your life, how you relate to your world and experience the joys and sufferings of life. Some people work less, accomplish more.
There are some who toil day and night, but remain unhappy and unfulfilled. Some, despite their great riches, do not experience prosperity. Driven by insecurity, they live like poor people. For some, life is a rewarding experience. The mere sight of a flower or a sky fills them with joy and wonder. When you interact with some, you feel energized, peaceful and spiritually uplifted, but when you meet some, you feel disturbed and depressed, as if something has been taken away from you or drained out.
These differences exist because of the differences in thinking and perceptions. It is for us to decide what we want to do with our lives and in which direction we intend to go. It is up to us to decide whether to take control of our minds and thoughts or let them control us.
Suggestions for Further Reading
- Prosperity and Abundance
- Anger Management
- Stress Reduction and Management Techniques
- Career Planning and Development
- Developing Communication Skills
- Concentration Practice
- Creativity and Innovation
- Coping With Emotions
- Positive Self-Esteem
- Coping With Fear and Anxiety
- The Experience of Happiness
- Using and Improving Intuition
- Leadership Skills
- Love and Love Relationships
- Mental Maturity
- Meditation, Concentration and Mindfulness
- Memory Techniques
- Mental Health
- Mental Peace
- This Page on Mental Peace Has Moved
- Mindfulness Practice
- Self-help Inspiration
- Negotiation Skills
- Personality Development
- Planning, Prioritizing and Budgeting
- The Power of Positive Thinking
- Reading Skills
- Building Relationships
- Relaxation and Stress Reduction
- Silence and Healingm
- Achieving Success
- Visualization Techniques
- The Secret of the Ages by Robert Collier, Index Of Chapters
- The Master Key System by Charles F. Haanel
- Self-help Videos - Hinduwebsite.com
- Self-help, Free Audio Downloads
- Think Success: A Book on Self-help
- Being the Best - A Book on Self-help
Source: All Rights Reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, scanning or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the publisher or the author.
Translate the Page