The Dream and Despair of a Yogi, A Poem
The Dream and Despair of a Yogi
What happened to these bright rays of pure light
and radiant worlds I once saw by chance in the womb
of my dreams built with fragments of the golden forest?
Alas, they have become a distant memory, a lost world!
What do I see now as those memories have faded away and
The reality of the unrelenting here and now has arrived?
A nightmare of despair feasting on my thoughts.
In the darkness of the hidden worlds, all that I see are
twisted and demented creatures worshipping themselves
enslaved to false promises and their own insatiable thirst.
Time has eaten away their loving hearts and bright cheer.
Greed has gnawed deep into their dark and hardened veins
leaving them angry, heartless and bereft of hope, filled
with vain desires, demonic resolve and endless agony.
Go away, you corrupt souls of a once radiant land who used
to dawn upon the worlds and fill them with golden light.
Now imprisoned in the dark caverns of your own hearts,
be prepared for those sunless worlds that are yet to come
where your cries will be lost in the roar of the hells and
the clamor of your longing for that freedom you walked past.
Suggestions for Further Reading
- The Life and Teachings of the Buddha
- The Buddha On the Self And Anatta, the Not-Self
- Dhamma - Buddha's Teachings
- The Eightfold Path Of Buddhism
- Concept of Death, Hell and Afterlife in Hinduism
- Dharma, the Moral and Religious Duties of Hinduism
- The Ashtadikpalas, Rulers of Eight Directions
- Hindu Gods - Lord Ganesha
- God and Self in Hinduism
- Religious People of All Faiths Must Unite
- Teaching Faith in Classrooms
- Origin, Definition and Introduction to Hinduism
- The Problems and Status of Women in Hindu Society
- Image Show is Over and Curtains are Drawn Until Next Shwo
- Why Idol Worship or Image Worship is Justified in Hinduism?
- Essays On Dharma
- Esoteric Mystic Hinduism
- Introduction to Hinduism
- Hindu Way of Life
- Essays On Karma
- Hindu Rites and Rituals
- The Origin of The Sanskrit Language
- Symbolism in Hinduism
- Essays on The Upanishads
- Concepts of Hinduism
- Essays on Atman
- Hindu Festivals
- Spiritual Practice
- Right Living
- Yoga of Sorrow
- Mental Health
- Concepts of Buddhism
- General Essays
Translate the Page