Domain Name Registration Services
What is a domain? A domain name is an internet address for your website. It is just like a license plate for your car or your house number. It helps other people to find you on the internet, through their computers and other devices. A domain name is unique with a unique IP address, which people can access through internet from anywhere in the world, unless you choose to keep it private and off the limits. you can use your domain name for your personal, professional or business purposes.
Each domain is a web property. Its value depends upon its name and its appeal. In today's world, it is extremely difficult to find a suitable domain since billions of domains have already been registered and almost every word and combination of words which you can find in a standard dictionary have been used. Still you can find good domain names if you are creative.
Finding the right domain: Here are a few important suggestions to find suitable domain names for your business, blog or website.
- The domain name should reflect the nature of your business or online activity.
- Avoid domain names that are similar to popular websites in spelling to avoid being branded by search engines as spam or fishing websites.
- Try to register, as far as possible, .com website for ecommerce. Nowadays, you can find domain names with a number of suffixes. Still, having a .com domain name is the best option. You can then register same domain with different suffixes if your budget permits.
- If your audience are limited to a particular geographical or cultural niche, you may use vernacular or local names for your domain.
- Decide whether you want to register the domain in the name of a Company or in your own name.
- Make sure that you provide correct information. It is better to give your own name as the owner, administrator and technical contact, unless you have different people who have been assigned those functions.
- Whether you want to mask the domain ownership and administrative information or not depends upon your privacy concerns. If you do not mask it, your name, address and contact information will be in public domain.
- Avoid registering websites through webhosting companies, even if they offer it for free. In case, you want to do it to save costs, read the terms carefully.
- Make sure you renew your domains in time. For safe side, keep auto renew option on. It is also better if you lock your domains to prevent someone else stealing it in future.
- Use strong passwords to protect your account with the domain registration company.
- For registration purposes use an email address that will permanently stay with you and which you can easily access from anywhere. Protect it also with a very strong password.
Free domain offers may come with some strings attached. If you are not careful you may end up losing your free domain and you may even incur business or personal loss. Therefore, while registering a domain the following are important considerations: reputation of the domain registrar, whether the free domains offered by the registration companies and hosting companies are really free and transferable, whether you have access to domain management from your registered account and whether you have the freedom to lock, unlock your domain, manage your name servers and transfer your domain to other registrars whenever you want. Some hosting companies offer free domain while hosting your domain, but restrict you from transferring it to other services later. Also make sure that when you register your domain, you use a very secure password, identify the ownership, administrative and technical contact details correctly. Use a reliable, secure and permanent email address to register your domains, since you email address is central to domain management . The following are some of the best domain registration services we have listed.
Suggested domain registration companies
These are affliate links. We have not reviewed their products or services. However, each is well reputed and has been in business for a long time. When you click on them and buy any items, we may earn a little commission. Offers may expire without notice. Please visit the websites to check the latest offers. For more information please click on the disclaimer link at the bottom of this page.
Suggestions for Further Reading
- Common Gateway Interface - CGI
- CRM, Customer Relationship Management
- Data Warehouse and Data Mining Technologies
- Relational Databases
- DHTML Scripts - Resources For Dynamic Websites
- Domain Name Registration Services
- Ecommerce and Online Store Solutions
- Online Marketing Solutions and Promotions
- Essays on Information Technology
- Free Software, Tools and Applications
- Computer and Web Graphics
- HyperText Markup Language
- Html Tools for World Wide Web
- Java Programming language, Tutorials, Tools and Applets
- Computer Networks
- Computer Operating Systems
- OS X Mountain Lion and Parallels Desktop For Mac
- Perl Scripts - Resources for CGI and Perl Programming
- Programming Languages
- Project Management
- Search Engines and SEO
- Web design and Website development
- Best Web Hosting Services
- Web Resources and Web Tools
- Web Tools And Web Resources For The Web Masters
Subject to Disclaimer
Translate the Page