Positive Way To Deal With Your Anger and Frustration
|| Abundance || Stress || Career || Communication || Concentration || Creativity || Emotions || Self-Esteem || Fear || Happiness || Healing || Intuition || Leadership || Love || Maturity || Meditation || Memory || Mental Health || Peace || Mindfulness || Inspiration || Negotiation || Personality || Planning || PMA || Reading || Relationships || Relaxation || Success || Visualization || The Secret || Master Key System || Videos || Audio || Our Books || Being the Best || Resources ||
"This is making me a headache!"
That lovely line above came out of my now 5yo's mouth when he was frustrated over the daunting task of trying to learn how to tie his shoes.
He blurted the sentence out then tossed the sneaker across the room.
I walked over to him and talked to him about his frustration (Heck, getting those loops just right is hard work -- smile).
I explained to him that while it is OK to get angry and frustrated that there are proper ways to do it.
Anger is a completely natural response to frustration. Let's face it, life is filled with things that can become frustrating, and most of those things are totally out of our control.
What we do control is how we deal with those issues. In this message, I wanted to touch on positive ways that we can deal with, express and release our anger and frustration in positive ways.
Think it out - When you begin to feel angry -- sit down, relax and then try to think about how you can solve the issue.
Talk it out - Talk to a friend, coach, counselor, or a church member. Expressing your anger by talking to someone about it is a great way to get the anger out.
Write it out - Keep a journal about your feelings. It really helps to get your feeling out of our head and heart and onto paper.
Let it out - Find a place that is secluded and SCREAM!! Yes, let it out - you can scream into a pillow, punch a pillow or stomp. Sometimes a good temper tantrum is in order.
Channel it out - Find some creative way to channel your feelings. Listen to music, paint, turn on the music and dance! There are many ways to creatively channel out anger.
Chill out - Try listening to calming music, taking in slow deep breaths, meditating or doing yoga.
Work it out - Do something physical. Get out and run, go to the gym or go for a brisk walk.
Please keep in mind that anger isn't always a bad emotion but sometimes the way we deal with our anger is bad.
There are many times where anger can be good and is quite appropriate.
It can be a protection from allowing other people to manipulate or dominate us.
It can also motivate us to take action when needed
Suggestions for Further Reading
- The Power of Determination
- Factors Which Contribute to Happiness
- Mental Maturity and Adult Behavior
- The Power of Your Thoughts
- To Think Outside the Box and Its True Meaning
- How to Avoid Stereotyping People
- Meditation and Levitation
- Enjoying the Simple Pleasures of Life
- 10 Reasons Why Plans Fail
- Thought, Energy and Manifestation
- How to Deal With Unpleasant Situations
- Stop Blaming Others
- Ten Effective Ways to Improve Your Self Esteem
- Determination, The Sustaining Power
- Are you Bored With Your Life?
- What Do You Think Success Means?
- Why People Worship Celebrities and Film Stars?
- Dealing with Adversity
- The Success Mindset
- Why Older Workers Find It Difficult to Get a Job?
- Invite Peace Into Your Life
- How to Practice Forgiveness in Daily Life
- Effective Listening Skills
- Being the Best - A Book on Self-help
- Think Success : Essays on Self-help
- Essays On Dharma
- Esoteric Mystic Hinduism
- Introduction to Hinduism
- Hindu Way of Life
- Essays On Karma
- Hindu Rites and Rituals
- The Origin of The Sanskrit Language
- Symbolism in Hinduism
- Essays on The Upanishads
- Concepts of Hinduism
- Essays on Atman
- Hindu Festivals
- Spiritual Practice
- Right Living
- Yoga of Sorrow
- Mental Health
- Concepts of Buddhism
- General Essays
Translate the Page