How To Be Happy With Meaning and Purpose
|| Abundance || Stress || Career || Communication || Concentration || Creativity || Emotions || Self-Esteem || Fear || Happiness || Healing || Intuition || Leadership || Love || Maturity || Meditation || Memory || Mental Health || Peace || Mindfulness || Inspiration || Negotiation || Personality || Planning || PMA || Reading || Relationships || Relaxation || Success || Visualization || The Secret || Master Key System || Videos || Audio || Our Books || Being the Best || Resources ||
Happiness is a positive state of mind and having positive feelings. We do experience happiness frequently almost every day, but we do not remember those occasions, since we do not pay them attention. It is also true that in most cases, our moments of happiness do not last long. We can discern two aspects of happiness in our lives, the experience of happiness and the state of happiness. The former connotes happy moments we experience in our lives and the latter is about our general state of mind, attitude and propensity.
Experience suggests that we are usually happy under the following circumstances.
1. When we do what we love most.
2. When we have a purpose in life.
3. When we are in harmony with ourselves and others
4. When our dreams and desires are fulfilled
5. When we learn to adapt ourselves to the demands of life
6. When we help others
7. When we are recognized, rewarded and appreciated
8. When we are loved and cared for
9. When we have security and stability
10. When we are in control of a situation
11. When we are in the company of people we love most.
From the above it becomes clear that we can make ourselves happy by creating situations and conditions that are conducive to happiness. While some frustration and dissatisfaction may still remain deep within our minds and some circumstances about our lives may still bother us, within in those limitations we can create opportunities to increase our happiness. In this regard, the following suggestions are helpful.
1. Do what you love most. If you cannot leave your current profession, use your free time to pursue your hobbies and dreams.
2. Have a purpose in your life, that gives you a sense of direction and the ability to bear the suffering with hope and resolve.
3. Spend time with the people you love most and those who love you dearly. People who love you boost your self-esteem and make you feel good about yourself.
4. Avoid the company of critical people and those with whom you cannot get along. At times it is better to avoid bad company rather than trying to impress them and win over them.
5. Find time to help others, invite your friends and family for lunch or dinner, participate in some voluntary activity or mentor children who need help and who lack a proper home environment.
6. Whether at work or at home, make yourself useful, helpful and friendly in whatever you can.
7. Live within your means and invest your savings wisely even if it is not much.
8. Avoid taking undue risks whose consequences you cannot resolve.
9. Give your health top priority and make sure that you keep yourself health both mentally and physically.
10. Focus on your strengths and achievements and learn to forgive and accept yourself unconditionally.
11. Avoid hurting and harming others for personal gains or to make yourself feel good. You have to recognize other people's right to happiness just as you acknowledge your own.
Suggestions for Further Reading
- The Power of Determination
- Factors Which Contribute to Happiness
- Mental Maturity and Adult Behavior
- The Power of Your Thoughts
- To Think Outside the Box and Its True Meaning
- How to Avoid Stereotyping People
- Meditation and Levitation
- Enjoying the Simple Pleasures of Life
- 10 Reasons Why Plans Fail
- Thought, Energy and Manifestation
- How to Deal With Unpleasant Situations
- Stop Blaming Others
- Ten Effective Ways to Improve Your Self Esteem
- Determination, The Sustaining Power
- Are you Bored With Your Life?
- What Do You Think Success Means?
- Why People Worship Celebrities and Film Stars?
- Dealing with Adversity
- The Success Mindset
- Why Older Workers Find It Difficult to Get a Job?
- Invite Peace Into Your Life
- How to Practice Forgiveness in Daily Life
- Effective Listening Skills
- Being the Best - A Book on Self-help
- Think Success : Essays on Self-help
- Essays On Dharma
- Esoteric Mystic Hinduism
- Introduction to Hinduism
- Hindu Way of Life
- Essays On Karma
- Hindu Rites and Rituals
- The Origin of The Sanskrit Language
- Symbolism in Hinduism
- Essays on The Upanishads
- Concepts of Hinduism
- Essays on Atman
- Hindu Festivals
- Spiritual Practice
- Right Living
- Yoga of Sorrow
- Mental Health
- Concepts of Buddhism
- General Essays
Translate the Page