How To Improve Your Intuition
|| Abundance || Stress || Career || Communication || Concentration || Creativity || Emotions || Self-Esteem || Fear || Happiness || Intuition || Leadership || Love || Maturity || Meditation || Memory || Mental Health || Peace || Mindfulness || Inspiration || Negotiation || Personality || Planning || PMA || Reading || Relationships || Relaxation || Healing || Success || Visualization || The Secret || Master Key System || Videos || Audio || Our Books || Being the Best || Resources ||
Intuition is the ability to know or feel automatically or instinctually what is going to happen or what may be necessary or appropriate or the right solution in a given situation. It is a kind of premonition, a gut feeling or a hunch, which lets you know exactly how things are shaping out or in what direction you are progressing.
In intuition you do not deliberately use reason and analysis. They probably happen in the background without your active involvement. What you get from your intuition is usually the end result or the final conclusion. But how do you know that your intuition is going to work and that it is not a mere guesswork?
There is no real answer to this. Only time will tell whether your intuition was right or wrong. One fundamental truth about intuition is that you cannot force it to happen. It happens most of the time on its own, without any expectation.
If you have a strong ego, very likely you may not be able to think intuitively. You may force yourself to think intelligently through hard work and discipline. But you cannot do the same in case of intuition.
You can however let intuition arise on its own in your heart and mind. You can to do it by cultivating a passive, mindful, nonjudgmental and detached awareness and by not interfering with your thoughts with a rigid mindset.
You should allow your intuitive mind to express itself by developing sensitivity and inner tranquility. The following factors improve or enhance your intuition and help you receive hunches and gut feelings more frequently from your intuitive mind.
1. Be sensitive to your thoughts, feelings, and surroundings.
2. Pay attention. Be mindful of what is happening in your mind and body because intuition may arise in you as a bodily sensation, gut feeling or vague thought.
3. Stay calm. Let your mind remain calm and composed and free from disturbances. If are anxious, disturbed, or agitated, you will lose touch with your intuitive mind and remain distracted.
4. Stay in the present and keep yourself fully awake and alert. A keen sense of observation is very essential for intuitive thought to arise.
5. Listen attentively. When you listen to people actively, you will allow your mind to draw its own conclusions about the verbal and nonverbal clues coming from people and think intuitively.
6. Feel empathy and compassion for others. You are sensitive and intuitive to the extent you empathize with others and feel for them.
7. Practice detachment. If you are detached you give a wider entrance to your intuitive mind to speak through your wakeful mind.
8. Keep your mind empty. When you empty your mind by forcibly interrupting your thoughts and feelings, you allow other people's thoughts to reach you and your own intuition to speak to you.
9. Be honest. Intuition is a higher faculty. Its source is the higher intelligence, which functions well when you are pure and when you are honest and truthful to yourself and others.
10. Feel oneness with the Universal Self. You are an integral part of God's universal body. You may think yourself a separate entity, but you are an inseparable part of the Supreme Self and the Universal Mind. When you identify yourself with the Universal Self, and feel connected to the Universal Mind, you intuition flourishes greatly.
11. Practice yoga and meditation. They purify your mind and body and let you to experience peace and stability, which are necessary to experience intuition.
12. Suspend your judgment. You are more intuitive when you are free from judgment, prejudice, and preconceived notions. Therefore stop being critical and judgmental.
13. Minimize your expectations. Don't anticipate. Live in the present and flow with the flow of life.
14. Express gratitude whenever you receive help from your intuition. If your intuition did not work as expected, do not react with negativity.
15. Avoid the urge to control. Free your mind from anxiety about your future and the urge to control your life and destiny. Do what you can and leave the results to God, with the understanding that while you can control your actions, you have no control over the outcome of your actions.
16. Let go of your fears. If you are afraid, nervous or depressed, your intuition will remain suppressed.
17. Slow down. In our fast paced lives, we miss to notice many things which are important and which have a value and relevance to our lives. Slow down, whenever possible, and take a deeper look at yourself and your surroundings.
18. Maintain a journal to record and analyze your intuitive experiences and know how you are making progress with your intuitive sensitivity.
Suggestions for Further Reading
- The Power of Determination
- Factors Which Contribute to Happiness
- Mental Maturity and Adult Behavior
- The Power of Your Thoughts
- To Think Outside the Box and Its True Meaning
- How to Avoid Stereotyping People
- Meditation and Levitation
- Enjoying the Simple Pleasures of Life
- 10 Reasons Why Plans Fail
- Thought, Energy and Manifestation
- How to Deal With Unpleasant Situations
- Stop Blaming Others
- Ten Effective Ways to Improve Your Self Esteem
- Determination, The Sustaining Power
- Are you Bored With Your Life?
- What Do You Think Success Means?
- Why People Worship Celebrities and Film Stars?
- Dealing with Adversity
- The Success Mindset
- Why Older Workers Find It Difficult to Get a Job?
- Invite Peace Into Your Life
- How to Practice Forgiveness in Daily Life
- Effective Listening Skills
- Being the Best - A Book on Self-help
- Think Success : Essays on Self-help
- Essays On Dharma
- Esoteric Mystic Hinduism
- Introduction to Hinduism
- Hindu Way of Life
- Essays On Karma
- Hindu Rites and Rituals
- The Origin of The Sanskrit Language
- Symbolism in Hinduism
- Essays on The Upanishads
- Concepts of Hinduism
- Essays on Atman
- Hindu Festivals
- Spiritual Practice
- Right Living
- Yoga of Sorrow
- Mental Health
- Concepts of Buddhism
- General Essays
Translate the Page